Document Type : Original Article
Ph.D. in Nursing Education, Assisstant Professor of Nursing Dept., School of Nursing & Midwifery, Guilan University of Medical Sciences, Rasht, Iran.
M.Sc. in Nursing, Instructor of Nursing Dept., School of Nursing & Midwifery, Guilan University of Medical Sciences, Rasht, Iran.
.Ph.D. in Educational Management, Education Development Center, Guilan University of Medical Sciences, Rasht, Iran.
Background & Objectives: In the world of information technology tendency toward using electronic learning as a novel learning style is increasing The contribution to electronic learning is dependent on the knowledge and attitude of faculty members toward this issue The aim of this study was to find the knowledge and attitude of faculty members in Guilan University of Medical Sciences toward electronic learning Methods: In this descriptive crosssectional study by using census sampling all faculty members in Guilan University of Medical Sciences were studied of whom 220 ones eventually responded to the questionnaire Data collection instrument was a questionnaire consisted of 4 sections of demographic features (5 questions) computer knowledge (6 questions) attitudetesting items (10 questions based on Likert scale) and questions related to the facilities (8 yes/no questions) Competency (9 questions) Content validity and reliability were determined by α cronbach Data analysis was performed by SPSS 16 software package Results: The majority of respondents had sufficient knowledge (683%) and positive attitude (894%) From all 695% asserted that they have the required computer skills but 95% said that they do not have enough facilities in home and university for using electronic sources Conclusion : Positive attitude of faculty members toward electronic learning requires implementation of continuous education programs for faculty members in order to improve their knowledge about information technology and uptodate electronic learning skills
- Geogieva G. Tadorov G and Smrikanov A. A model of virtual universities , some problems during its development . proceeding of 4th international conferences on computer systems and technologies :E learning . Bulgaria ACM press, 2003.
- Chen M.P. An evaluation of the ELNP E Learning, Quality Assurance Progress, Prospective of Gap Analysis and Innovation Diffusion. Educational Technology and Society. 2009;12(1):18-33.
- Shih H. Using a cognitive-motivation control view to assess the adoption, intention for web based learning. Computer and Education. 2008; 50(1):327-337.
- Triantafillou E. Pomports A. and Georgiadou E. Adaptive educational systems based cognitive styles. Proc of AH 2002 workshop systems for web based education. Computers & Education. 2003;41(1):87-103.
- Atreja A, Metta NB. Jain A etal. Satisfaction with web basedtraining in an integrated health care delivery network. do age, education, computer skills and attitudes matter? BMC MedEdu. 2008;8:48.
- Kamalian R. Fazel A. The study of prequiste and facilities for acting in E learning. Reaserch and educational information technology . 2009;4(1):13-27. [In Persian].
- Amami H. Aghdas M. and Ashoster A. Research in medical education. Journal of Research In Medical Sciences. 2009;33(2): 102-111. [In Persian].
- Tedeschi RJ. Implementation of electronic learning within campus institutions of higer education: faculty motivators and inhibitors. Capella University: A Dissertation for the Degree Doctor of Philosophy. UMI Microform 3359041.June 2009.
- Kim KL. Adult learners’ notivation in self directed e learning. Indiana university: A Dissertation for the Degree Doctor of Philosophy. 2005.
- Yaghobi J. malakmohmadi A. Iravani H. Desired Characteristics of Faculty Members and Students in E-Learning in Higher Education of Iran: Virtual Students’ Viewpoint Research and Education Journal. 2008;14(1):159-173. [In Persian].
- Chikh A. Berkani L. Communities of practice of e learning : An innovative learning space for e-learning actors.Procedia-Social and Behavior Sciences. 2010; 2(2): 5022-5027.
- Sadik A. The readiness of faculty members to develop and implement E- Learning :the case of Egyption University. International Journal of E- Learning. 2007; 6(3):433-453.
- Rahimi dust GH. What is experience of e learning project: challenge of e learning project. Journal of Library and Information Science. 2007;10(2):337-355. [In Persian].
- Yengin I. Karahoca D. Roles of teachers in elearning: How to engage students and how to get free e- learning and future. Procedia (Social and Behavior Sciences). 2010; 2(2): 5775-5787.
- Momeni H. Assessment of effective factors on faculty members of shahid beheshti university in curriculum planning. Thesis for MSN. Shahid Beheshti University. 2006;1(1):139-162. [In Persian].
- Vajargah K. Azadmanesh N. The Feasibility of ICT Application in Curriculum Development in Higher Education. Journal of Qurterly Journal of Research and Planing in Higher Education. 2007;12(4):49-72.[In Persian].
- Sarmadi M etal. The study of attitude about electronic learning in faculty member. Hayate. 2009;15(1): 31-39.[In Persian].
- Moniee R. The development of learning in education: chalanges and opportunity. Rahyaft Journal. 2004;31(1):43-52. [In Persian].
- Ho li-An. Kuo Tsung-Hsien. How can one omplify the effect of E learning? An examination of high-tech employee’s computer attitude and flow experience. Computers in human behavior . 2010; 26(1): 23-31.
- Glava CC. Glava AE. Teaching skills training trough e learning. Procedia- Social and Behavioral Sciences. 2010; 2(2): 1752-1756.
- Tucker S. pigou A. Zaugg Tom D. E learning –Making it happen now. Paper presented at the 30 th Annual ACM SICUCCS conference on user services .Rhode island , USA.2002.
- Muirhead WD. Online education in school (electronic version).International Journal of Education Managment. 2000; 14(7): 315-324.
- Cambell M. Gibson W. etal. Online VS face to face discussion in a web bassed research methods course for postgraduate nursing students: A quasi experimental study. International Journal of Nursing Studies. 2008; 45(5):750-759.
- Eslaminejad T. Masood M. Nor azilah N. Assessment of instructors’ readiness for implementation E learning in continuing medical education in Iran. Medical Teacher. 2010;32(10):407- 412.
- Karimzadeh R. Mohammadi A. E learning in types 1medical universities of Iran. Journal of Medical Education. 2007;11(1,2):37-39.