Document Type : short communication
Ph.D. in Health Care Management, Assistant Professor of Health Care Management Dept., Center of Health Modeling, Kerman University of Medical Sciences, Iran
General Practioner, M.Sc. in Medical Education, Education Development Center, Kerman University of Medical Sciences, Iran.
Ph.D. in Health Care Management, Assistant Professor of Health Care Management Dept., Health Sciences Research Center, Health School, Mashhad University of Medical Sciences.
Ph.D. in Health Care Management, Assistant Professor of Health Care Management Dept., Health Services Management Research Center, Kerman University of Medical Sciences, Iran
B.Sc. in Health Care Management, Kerman University of Medical Sciences, Iran.
Background & Objectives: A proper and effective consultation requires using efficient communication skills during the consultation process The aim of this research was to determine communication skills of undergraduate students advisors in Kerman University of Medical Sciences Methods: This descriptive crosssectional study was performed from March 2010 to August 2010 Study population included undergraduate students of four colleges of whom 379 students were selected by stratified sampling A selfdesigned 17item questionnaire was used to collect data Questions were designed based on different communication skills of advisors and modified by getting the opinions of 8 experts in the field Validity was approved by testretest and data were analyzed by using descriptive and analytic statistics and through SPSS software Results: Mean scores of oral and written communication skills providing feedback understanding others being a good listener and the ability to influence others were 546% 5095% 5562% 5776% 5835% and 5549% respectively Conclusion: Considering the importance of communication skills in the success of an appropriate counseling improving advisors communication skills is essential and it is necessary to consider different aspects of communication skills such as oral and written communication skills providing feedback Understanding others being a good listener and the ability to influence others
- Alice A, James W. Inaction Psychology. Farjad M. Roshd. 2002. Avaliable From: URL: //www.ravanpajoh.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=882&Itemi%20d=58 [In Persian].
- Safi A. Principles of Consultation in Education. Tehran: Roshd, 1988.
- Education Deputies of Medical Sciences Universities. Duties and Responsibilities of Supervisors. Mashhad. 1998. P24. [In Persian]
- Hoseini SM. Consultation and History of Consultation in Iran.Tehran, Roshd. 2001; 17.[In Persian].
- Mirkamali M. Behaviur and relationship in Organization and Management. Tehran: Ramin. 1998:1.[In Persian].
- Ardabili Y. Priciples of Consultation. Tehran: Besat. 2010 .[In Persian]
- Khodayari M. Consultation, Psychology Principles. Tehran: Yastaroon. 2001.[In Persian].
- Shiling L. Consultation Theories and Consultation Views. Ariyan Kh. Tehran.
- Grifis D. Human Relationships in Education Management.Bakhshi Kh. Tehran: Royat. 1994 .[In Persian].
- Shafiabadi A, Group Dynamic and Group Consultation. Tehran: Roshd. 2004:52. .[In Persian].
- Lorin A, Promotion of Teacher Efficiency. Raoof, A. Tehran : Abiz. 2001:75. .[In Persian]
- Farhadian F, and et al. Faculty Members' Attitude towards their Skills and Educational Needs in Teaching Practical Courses. Strides in Development of Medical Education. 2008;5(2):143-147. [In Persian].
- Hazavei SM, and et al. Survey of Student Satisfaction from consultation in Hamedan University of Medical Sciences. Yazd University of Medical Sciences Journal. 2005;8(2):56-64. [In Persian].
- Adhami A, Mohammad Alizadeh S. Educational Achievement in Medical Students Entered University between 1995 and 2003, Kerman University of Medical Sciences. Strides in Development of Medical Education. 2008;5(2):94- 101.[ In Persian].