Document Type : Original Article
PhD in Library and Information Science, Assistant Professor, Department of Library and Information Science, Medical Informatics Research Center, Kerman University of Medical Sciences, Kerman, Iran
MSc in Library and Information Science, Birjand University of Medical Science, Birjand, Iran
MSc in Information Technology, Kerman University of Medical Sciences, Kerman, Iran
Background & Objective: Knowledge maps graphically draw a branch of science and help to describe it more precisely This research was conducted to study the scientific productivity and collaborative coefficient of medical education authors during 20022011 Methods: This descriptive study was done using scientometric techniques The papers indexed in Web of Science were searched using medical education keywords The retrieved records were entered into Excel and HistCite Citation analysis techniques were used and the map was drawn Results: The rate of productivity was 28% 10123 retrieved records were published in 1506 journals and most were published in Medical Education Journal 5791 educational institutes contributed to publishing papers Van der Vleuten published more papers than other authors The collaborative coefficient was moderate 122 countries contributed to publishing these papers and USA was the most active country Finally 5 clusters were identified including learning methods in medical education job depression the effect of working hour reduction on health services evaluation of professional competency in medical education and the relationship between medical sciences and industry Conclusion: Medical education follows an ascending trend in scientific productivity The results of the current study can be used in future planning and help this field to improve
- Azizi F. Published Researches in Medical Education in Iran. Iranian Journal of Medical Education. 2001;1(2):3-6. [In Persian]
- Rogehr, G. Trends in Medical Education Research. Academic Medicine 2004; 79(10): 939-47.
- Cook DA, Beckman TJ, Bordage G. Quality of reporting of experimental studies in medical education: A systematic review. Medical Education 2007; 41 (8): 737-45.
- Sarafzadeh M. Iran contribution in agricultural research in Agricola, AGRIS and CAB fdatabases till 1997. Fasl Namehye Ketab 1999; 10(2): 88-97. [In Persian]
- Maki Zadeh F, Osareh F. Citation Analysis and Mapping of Scientific Output of Medical Ethics in Web of Science Database During 1998- 2008. Journal of Medical Ethics and Histor. 2011;4(5): 65 -76. [In persian]
- Alijani R, Karami N. A Survey and Comparison of 3 Decades of Scientific Production of Iranian Surgery Community in ISI Database. The Quarterly Iranian Journal of Surgery. 2011; 19 (4). [in Persian]
- Uthman OA. HIV/Aids n Nigeria: a bibliometric analysis. Disease 2008; 8(19):1-7. BMC Infectious
- Tutarel O. Geographical distribution of publications in the field of medical education. BMC Medical Education 2002; 2 (1): 1-7.
- Azizi F. The reform of medical education in Iran. Medical Educatio. 1997; 31 (3): 159-62.
- Moya-Anegon F, Vargas-Quesada B, Herrero-Solana V, et al. A new technique for building maps of large scientific domains based on the cocitation of classes and categories. Scientometrics 2004; 61(1):12945.
- Abedi J, Asgharpoor A, Amiri M, et al. Mapping the Discipline of Public Administration on the Basis of ISI Articles. Iranian Public Administration. 2011: 3(6): 127-148. [in Persian]
- Abuei Ardakan M, Abedi Jafari H, Aghazadeh F. Applying Clustering Methods in Drawing Maps of Science: Case Study of the Map For Urban Management Science. Journal of Information Processing and Management 2010; 25(3): 347-71. [In Persian]
- Hamidi A, Asnafi AR, Osareh F. Analytical study and describing structure of scientific publication in bibliometrics, scientometrics, informetrics, and webometrics on web of science during 1990-2005. Library & Information Science 2008; 2 (11): 161-82. [In Persian]
- Pashutanizadeh M, Osareh F. Citation Analysis and Histographic Outline of Scientific Output in Agriculture Using Science Citation Index (2000-2008). Information Sciences & Technology 2009; 25 (1): 23-52. [In Persian]
- Shargh A, Mohammadhassanzadeh H, Johari K, et al. The study of the presence of Iranian neuroscience in ISI database based on scientometric factors. Journal of Health Administration 2011; 14 (44): 61-70. [In Persian]
- Boyack, KW, Borner K, Klavans R. Mapping the structure and evolution of chemistry research. Scientometrics; 2009: 79)1 ( :45–60.
- Osareh F, McCain KW. The structure of Iranian chemistry research, 1990–2006: An author cocitation analysis. Journal of the American Society for Information Science and Technology 2008 59(13): 2146–55.
- Ajiferuke I, Burell Q, Tague J. Collaborative coefficient: A single measure of the degree of collabortion in research. Scientometrics 2005; 14:(5-6): 421-33.
- Okhovati M, Sadeghi H, Talebian A, et al. Citation analysis and map of Library and information science in Web of Science During 1993-2011. 2012; Avalible From: http://eprints.kmu.ac.ir/4328/1/4164.pdf
- Hamdipour, A. Osareh F. Scientometric Study and Visualization of Multiple SclerosisRelated Publications during 1999-2008. Health Information Management Journal 2011; 8(5): 649-61. [In Persian]
- Vaziri E. Leading Science Producing Institutions in Iran (2008). National studies on librarianship and information organization 2011; 22 (1):84-99. [In Persian]
- Yousefi A, Gilvari A, Shahmirzadi T, et al. A survey of scientific production of Iranian researchers in the field of immunology in the ISI database. Razi Journal of Medical Sciences 2012; 19 (96) :1-11. [In Persian]
- Alijani R, Karami N. A review of 10 years of scientific production of Iranian surgeons community in the ISI database (1998-2007). Iranian Journal of Surgery 2010; 17(3):71-8. [In Persian]
- Khaseh A, Fakhar M, Susaraee M, et al. [A survey of scientific production of Iranian researchers in the field of parasitology in the ISI database. Microbshenasi Pezeshki-e Iran 2010; 4(3):38-47. [In Persian]
- Ershad A, Eslaminejad T, Shafian H. Content Analysis of Articles in Medical Education Journals of Iran. Development of Medical Education 2010; 7(2): 119-26. [In Persian]