Document Type : Original Article
Professor, Environmental Health Engineering Research Center, Department of Environmental Health, School of Public Health, Kerman University of Medical Sciences, Kerman, Iran
MSc in Parasitology and MPH of Environmental Health, Department of Environmental Health, School of Public Health, Kerman University of Medical Sciences, Kerman, Iran
Background & Objective: The aim of this study was to compare the condition in the Department of Environmental Health Engineering from different viewpoints and determining its changes during the period under study as well as reviewing their strengths and weaknesses opportunities and threats to enhance the level of quality Methods: This was a descriptive study that was done for six years from 2008 untill 2013 by Environmental Health Department Goals faculty members students courses and curriculum the teaching learning and graduates groups were evaluated Then criteria and indicators were developed Results: Interviews observation questionnaires and check list for each evaluation criteria according to their importance in comparison with other markers were weighted Finally the overall results obtained at the minimum and maximum weight of each criterion was determined based on scores according to Likert scale Conclusion: Environmental Health Department has been earned 302 out of the total 361 points State of Department of Environmental Health a total of six years was satisfactory and has been growing The only unfavorable case was the lack of credit given to groups that operate in the area of group decision making is not straight Identifying the bottlenecks recommended to be taken in order to focus on improving the challenging situations
- Yarmohammadi MH, Kalbasi A. Internal Evaluation of Departments in the school of Management and Medical informatics, Isfahan University of Medical science. Iran J Med Educ 2006; 6(1); 25-134. [In Persian]
- Bazargan A. Educational evaluation concept, patterns, and operational process. Tehran: Samt publication; 2001: 114. [In Persian]
- Hajiaabadi MR, Kalbasi S, Khazaiee Z. The internal evaluation of standard method for educational accreditation in general medicine.2007. The international congress of the implementation of the international standards of the world federation of medical education in general medicine education program; 2008 May 25-26; Tehran, Iran. 2008: 59-60. [In Persian].
- Alipour M, G angkani M, Rostami A, Tagkey L, Jafari MR. Internal Evaluation of Department of physiology and pharmacology of Zanjan university of Medical Sciences in 2009. J Educ Dev Med Sci 2012; 7(2); 44-53. [In Persian].
- Tari JJ, Juana- Espinosa S. EFQM model self- assessment using a questionnaire approach in University administrative services. The TQM Magazine 2007; 19(6): 604-16.
- Eyn Ellahi B, Javadiav F, Rabanikhah F, nakhchi EG, Ashtiani MM. Reorientation of educational deputy of ministry of health and medical education in ministry of health and medical education in accreditation and evaluation. J Med Educ 2004; 4(2): 59-64. [In Persian].
- Yarmohammadian MH. Quality of higher education via accreditation: first aims. Proceedings of the International conference on management; 2003 Dec 28-30; Bangalore, India. 2003.
- Rashidy –Pour A, Vafaei AA, Taherian AA, Miladi –Gorgi H, Jarrahi M, Safakhah HA, et al. Group's internal evaluation of physiology department of Semnan university of medical sciences. Komesh 2004; 5(2): 77-84. [In Persian]
- Dehghani P, Yamani N, Dadman M. The internal evaluation of anesthesiology department of the school of medicine in Isfahan University of Medical Sciences in 2007. The international congress of the implementation of the international standards of the world federation of medical education in general; 2007 Mar 20-23; Tehran, Iran. 2007: 56-66. [In Persian].
- Farzanpour F, Nedjat S, Rahimi A, Malekafzali B. Internal evaluation of the department of epidemiology and biostatistics of the school of public health, Tehran University of medical sciences. J Public Res 2011; 9(2): 41-52. [In Persian]
- Zarrabian M, Farzianpour F, Razmi H, Sharifian MR , Khedmat, Sheykh Rezaee MS, et al. Internal evaluation of dentistry in 2010, Tehran University of Medical Science. J Public Res 2011; 5(2):135-42. [In Persian]
- Harden R, Crosby J, Dawis MH, Howie PW. Task-based learning: the answer to integration and problem-based learning in the clinical years. Med Educ 2000: 34(5):391-7.