Document Type : Brief report
Student of Public Health, Student Research Committee, Arak University of Medical Sciences, Arak, Iran
PhD in Public Health, Assistant Professor, Department of Health Promotion, School of Public Health, Arak University of Medical Sciences, Arak, Iran
Background & Objective: Positive attitude towards the field of study and future career in students can be an important factor in success and harmony with the surrounding environment changes The aim of this study was to determine the health student attitude towards their field of study and future career Methods: In this crosssectional and analytical study that was carried out on 220 students from the School of Health Data were collected with a questionnaire including demographic characteristics attitude towards their field of study motivation academic and familyperson of problems and attitude towards their future career Results: The mean scores of attitude toward students in their future career was 2007 ± 474 which 754% of the students had a positive attitude towards their future career The mean score of attitude toward student in field of study was 1792 ± 466 which 874% of the students had positive attitude toward their field of study In this study a significant association was observed between attitudes toward future career and attitude toward students field of study (P < 005) Conclusion: Based on the results of this study the students had a positive attitude towards their field of study and future career Strengthening of training programs providing advice and support for students in career can justify a useful role attitudes are reinforced
- Positive Practice Environments: Quality Workplace = Quality PatientCare. International council of nurses. [cited 2007 Oct 20]. Available from: http://www.icn.ch/images/stories/documents/p ublications/ind/indkit2007.pdf.
- Forughi F, Kharrazi H, Iranfar S, Rezaei M. Job Satisfaction and its Affecting Factors from theViewpoints of Faculty Members ofKermanshah University of MedicalSciences. Iran J MedEduc 2008; 7(2): 335-42. [In Persian]
- Hamdi M, Soleimani B, Nasr Isfahani B, Mandegar H. Evaluation of graduate student from 1989 to 1994 In school of health regarding their employment or continuing education. Res Med Sci J 1998; 3(1): 32 -6. [In Persian]
- Sadr Arhami N, Kalantari S, Atarod S. Medical Students Attitude Towards their Field of Study and Future Career. Iran J Med Educ 2004; 4(1): 76-81. [In Persian]
- Ghaderi R, Dastjerdi R, Sorush Z, Mouhebati M. Influential factors in medical students. Attitudes towardsstudying medicine in 2002. Iran J Med Educ2003; 3(2): 47-55.
- Shafiabadi A. Opinions Jobs and career advice. 5nd ed. Tehran: Ministry of Cultural and Islamic Guidance Publishers; 1992: 120-1.
- Shsrifi M, Taheri Nassaj H. Medical students' attitude towards studying medicine. Iran J Med Educ 2001; 1(4): 36 – 43.[In Persian]
- Iravani K, Amini M, Doostkam A. A survey of medical students’ attitude toward medicine and it’s futurein Jahrom Medical University (basic and clinical stages). Iran J Med Educ 2002; 2(0): 28-9.[In Persian]
- Satari J, Jamalian S, Seifoleslami A. The study of nursing, mid wifery and health students In Hamedan Universityof medical sciences towards their future career. Sci J Hamdan Univ Med Sci 2001; (7) 4: 15 – 19. [In Persian]
- Samadi M.T, Taghizadeh J, Kashitarash Esfahani Z, Mohammadi M. Evaluating Environmental HealthStudents' Attitudes toward their Discipline and Future Career in Hamedan University of MedicalSciences in 2008. Iran J Med Educ 2010; 9(4): 331-6. [In Persian]
- Hajian K, Nasiri A. Evaluation of medical students' attitude toward future job in Babol University of medicalsciences. J Babol Univ Med Sci 2006; 29(8): 86 – 95.
- Rejali M, Mostajeran M, Lotfi M.Health student attitude towards their field of study and future career inhealth faculty of Isfahan University of medical sciences 2008. Health System Research 2010; 6(1): 106-15.
- Mehrabian F, Dadashkhah Z, Karimi Z. Attitude of Environmental Health Students Toward Their Discipline and Future Career in Guilan University of Medical Sciences. Iran J Med Educ 2012; 4(1): 43-8.[In Persian]