Document Type : Original Article
Pediatrics Dentists, Assistant Professor, Department of Pediatric Dentistry, Oral and Dental Diseases Research Center, School of Dentistry, Kerman University of Medical Sciences, Kerman, Iran
Pediatrics Dentists, Professor, Department of Pediatric Dentistry, Oral and Dental Diseases Research Center, School of Dentistry, , Kerman University of Medical Sciences, Kerman, Iran
Dentist, School of Dentistry, Kerman University of Medical Sciences, Kerman, Iran
Background & Objective: Pediatric dentistry is one of the basic sciences related to oral health The aim of the present study is to assess the opinion of dental students of Kerman Iran concerning education in preclinical and clinical pediatrics in order to determined shortcomings and deficiencies Methods: This crosssectional study was performed on students who choose practical pediatric dentistry courses Data collection was performed by a questionnaire which includes two parts demographic characteristics and educational aims of pediatric dentistry courses Students independent ttest ANOVA and chisquare were applied to analyze the data by SPSS software Results: Results showed that 389% of students in the Pediatric1 course evaluated their satisfaction with achieving educational aims as quite satisfactory 472% as satisfactory and 139% as unsatisfactory The Pediatric 2 and 3 courses were evaluated as quite satisfactory by 543% and 355% of students satisfactory by 257% and 581% and unsatisfactory by 20% and 65% respectively Conclusion: In the Pediatric 3 course more than 90% of students evaluated their achievement of educational aims as quite satisfactory or satisfactory It seems that with increase in the number of courses passed the level of achievement of educational aims also increases
- Bazargan A. Internal evaluation performance of educational group in University.1nd ed. Tehran: Doran; 1995. [In Persian]
- Changiz T, Sarvarian M, Kabiry P. Attitude evaluation of medical students towards their jobs at the first and the end of Internship period. Tehran Univ Med J 2000; 58(4):94. [In Persian]
- Hadari A, Khalaj A, Jafaryan N. Attitude evaluation of Hamedan medical university students regarding educational factors in their University. J Hamedan Med Sci 2000;7(4):31-6.[ In Persian]
- Ranjbar M, Vahidshahi K, Mahmoudi M. Study of Mazandaran faculty member's viewpoint on faculty member assessment. J Mazandaran Univ Med Sci 2006; 16(56):126-35. [In Persian]
- Abtahi M. (dissertation). Evaluation of dental trauma of boys school children 8-18 years old in Kerman. Kerman: Kerman University of Medical Science; 2001: 60-5. [In Persian]
- Jabarifar SE. Khademi A, Khalifehsoltani F, Yousefi AR. Assessment of Isfahan dentistry students about learning – teaching environment. Iran J Med Educ 2010; 10 (5):67-86. [In Persian]
- Adair SM, Schafer TE, Rockman RA, Waller JL. Survey of behavior management teaching in predoctoral pediatric dentistry programs. Pediatr Dent 2004; 26(2):143-50.
- Henzi D, Davis E, Janinericins R, Hendricson W. In the students own words: what are the strength and weaknesses of dental school curriculum? J Dent Educ 2007; 71(5):632-45.
- Fattahi H, Bazrafkan L, Hasanli E, Behbahani Rad A. The viewpoints of dental students of Shiraz toward the amount of their achievement to learning objectives in different courses of orthodontics. Iran J Med Educ 2009; 9(3): 249-62. [In Persian]
- Nainar SM1, Straffon LH. Predoctoral dental evaluation at American Academy of pediatric dentistry's Caries-risk assessment tool. J Dent Educ. 2006; 70(3):292-5.
- Bagherian A, Sadeghi M. Assessment of the effect of Tell-Demonstration-ObservationAction educational method on dental students' quality of learning. Iran J Med Educ 2012; 11 (7): 764-6. [In Persian]