Document Type : Original Article
Ph.D. in Curriculum and Instruction, Department of Curriculum and Instruction, School of Humanities, University of Kashan, Kashan, Iran
Ph.D. in Educational Administration, Department of Curriculum and Instruction, School of Humanities, University of Kashan, Kashan, Iran
M.Sc. Student, Department of Curriculum and Instruction, School of Humanities, University of Kashan, Kashan, Iran
Background & Objective: Classroom management is a key variable in creating a desirable environment for students training and learning Today equipping professors with managerial skills in planning for professional education especially medical education is necessary Thus the aim of this research was to investigate classroom management styles of faculty members in Kashan University of Medical Sciences Iran Methods: This was a descriptive survey The statistical population consisted of all faculty members of Kashan University of Medical Sciences (n = 182) Through stratified random sampling method 114 individuals were selected We used a standard questionnaire to assess classroom management styles The questionnaire consisted of 25 4point items and 3 styles of education management (questions 1 to 13) people management (questions 14 to 21) and behavior management (questions 22 to 25) based on 3 approaches (interventional interactive noninterventional) The validity of the questionnaire was confirmed using content validity The reliability of the questionnaire was also confirmed using Cronbachs alpha coefficient ( ;alpha = 082) Data analysis was performed using descriptive statistics (frequency percentage and mean and standard deviation) and analytical statistics (ANOVA and Students independent t tests) Results: The mean of each classroom management style was higher than the estimated average (25) The highest average was that of education management style (275) Based on the obtained means classroom management (6828) was an interventional approach Conclusion: Findings showed that university faculty members respectively have the highest regard for education management and people management and the least regard for behavior management
- Konti F. Teachers and students perceptions towards teachers’ classroom management applications in primary schools. Procedia Social Behav Sci 2011; 15: 4093–7.
- Marzano RJ, Marzano JS. The key to classroom management. Educational Leadership 2003; 61(1): 6-13.
- Bru E, Stephens P, Torsheim T. Students' perceptions of class management and reports of their own misbehavior. J School Psychol 2002; 40(4): 287-307.
- Djigic G, Stojiljkovic S. Classroom management styles, classroom climate and school achievement, International Conference on Education and Educational Psychology. Procedia - Social and Behavioral Sciences 2011; 29: 819-28.
- Dahar MA, Faize FA, Niwaz A, Hussain MA, Zaman A. Relationship between the leadership styles and academic achievement at the secondary stage in Panjab (Pakistan). International Journal of Academic Research 2010; 2(6): 459-62.
- Tal C. Case studies to deepen understanding and enhance classroom management skills in preschool teacher training. Early Childhood Education Journal 2010; 38(2): 143-52.
- Khalkhali A. The developing model for delivery health classroom management. Educational Psycology Journal 2010; 1(2). [In Persian]
- Martin N, Baldwin B. Construct validation of the attitudes & beliefs on classroom control inventory. J Classroom Interaction. 1998; 33(2): 6-15.
- Adelman HS, Taylor L. Classroom climate.In: Lee, S. W., Lowe, P. A. & Robinson E. (Eds.). Encyclopedia of School Psychology. Thousand Oaks, CA: Sage; 2005.
- Walfgang CH, Glickman CD. Solving discipline problems: Strategies for classroom teachers. Boston: MS: Allyn and Bacon, Inc; 1980.
- Kaykci K. The effect of classroom management skills of elementary school teachers on undesirable discipline behavior of students. Procedia Social and Behavioral Sciences 2009; 1(1): 1215–25.
- Adeyemo SA. The relationship between effective classroom management and students’ academic achievement. European Journal of Educational Studies 2012; 4(3): 367-81.
- Ghias F, Ahmed A. A study of the effect of management styles on performance of students at secondary level in sargodha. Procedia-Social and Behavioral Sciences 2012; 46: 2523-7.
- Djigić G, Stojiljković S. Design learning protocol for classroom management styles assessment designing. Procedia - Social and Behavioral Sciences 2012; 45: 65-74.
- Evrim EA, Gokce K, Enisa M. Exploring the relationship between teacher beliefs and styles on classroom management in relation to actual teaching practices: a case study. Pocedia– Social and Behavioral Sciences 2009; 1(1): 819-28.
- Kukuru JD. Expression of classroom management principles by secondary schools’ teachers. International Journal of Educational Administration and Policy Studies 2011; 3(11): 179-90.
- AP Idu. (2012). Classroom management as a control strategy for promoting quality education in Nigeria. Mediterranean Journal of Social Sciences 2012; 3 (16): 174-9.
- Kostis T, Efthymia P. Responsive classroom management in a multicultural school context. Synergies Sud-Est europeen 2009; 2: 169-76.
- Ramzani Nejad R. The problems of managing physical education classes on base teacher's views. Modern Olympic. 2003; 11(24): 41-50. [In Persian]
- Sharifian F. Nasr AR. Abedi LA. Determining indicators of effective classroom management in universities and higher education institutions. Foundations of education. 2008; 8(1). [In Persian]
- Niaz Azari K, Madah MT, Amoei F. Evaluation of the efficiency masters at University of Azad in classroom management. J Educ Leadership Administration. 2008; 2(2): 147-64. [In Persian]
- Rajaeipour, S. The study of relationship between classroom management and learning climate in middle school. New Educational Approaches. 2008; 4(1): 23-40. [In Persian]
- Samadee P, Rajaa'eepoor S, Aaghaahosainee T, Falaavandee H. Classroom atmosphere and management by guidance teachers of Oroomiyeh. New Thoughts on Education. 2008; 4(1-2): 155-76. [In Persian].
- Aali A. Amin Yazdi A. The effect of teacher traits on classroom management style. Educational and Psycology Studies. 2008; 9(1): 73-91. [In Persian]
- Aria Pouran S. Azizi F, Dinarvand H. The relationship between teachers classroom management style with motivation and students mathematical achievement in fifth class. School Psychology. 2013; 2(1): 23-41. [In Persian]
- Rahimi, M, Asadollahi F. EFL teachers’ classroom management orientations: investigating the role of individual differences and contextual variables. Procedia - Social and Behavioral Sciences 2012; 31: 43-8.
- Miller R, Pedro J. Creating respectful classroom environments. Early Childhood Education Journal 2006; 33(5): 293-9.
- Bakhshayesh AR. Investigating the relationship between classroom management styles and personality traits of yazd primary school teachers. New Approach in Educational Management. 2014; 4(14): 185- 98. [In Persian]
- Alavi K, Solimani Z. A comparison of teachers' beliefs and attitudes towards class control, New Approach in Educational Management. 2014; 4(14): 115-36. [In Persian]