Document Type : Original Article
M.Sc. in Medical Education, Medical Education Development Center, Kerman University of Medical Sciences, Kerman, Iran
Ph.D. in Nursing Education, Assistant Professor, Department of Medical Surgical Nursing, Razi School of Nursing and Midwifery, Medical Education Development Center, Kerman University of Medical Sciences, Kerman, Iran
Neurologist, Professor, Neuroscience Research Center, Medical Education Development Center, Kerman University of Medical Sciences, Kerman, Iran
Background & Objective: Spiritual wellbeing is the most recent aspect of health and is the sole force that harmonizes physical mental and social aspects Academic citizenship behaviors are voluntary humanitarian valuebased and ethical acts carried out by students without any expectations Therefore the present study was designed to investigate the relationship between spiritual wellbeing and academic citizenship behaviors of postgraduate students of Kerman University of Medical Sciences Iran Methods: This was a descriptiveanalytic study The study population consisted of 350 postgraduate students of Kerman University of Medical Sciences The subjects were selected from 7 schools of this university using proportionate sampling Data collection tools were the Ellisons and Paloutzians Spiritual Wellbeing Scale and the Academic Citizenship Behavior Questionnaire Data were analyzed using descriptive and inferential statistics in SPSS software Results: The spiritual wellbeing of postgraduate students was at medium and high levels and academic citizenship behavior of students was also at a high level The spiritual health and academic citizenship behaviors of doctoral degree female married and older students were higher than others The higher the score of students spiritual health was the higher the score of academic citizenship behaviors was Conclusion: According to the results of the study it is recommended that more attention be given to the spiritual health of students Moreover curriculum related to ethics must be introduced by universities as an effective factor in positive values to students In addition through strengthening of students spiritual health it can be expected that students with maximum ability and ethics will graduate and take responsibility for public health of the society
- Baron A. Behavior in organization. New York: Ally and Bacon Inc; 2006.
- Seif A. Modern educational psychology. 8th Ed. Tehran: Doran; 2011: 258-263 and 515. [In Persian]
- Soltani T, Jamali M. Investigating of the relationship between social capital and mental health participants: students of the social sciences department, Shiraz University. J Management Dev Process. 2008; 21(2): 108-21. [In Persian]
- Ross SE, Niebling BC, Heckert TM. Sources of stress among college student. Soc Psychol.1999; 61(5): 841-6.
- Narimani A, akbarzadeh M, Hamzeh M. Evaluation of general health in medical students of AJA University of medical sciences, 2009. Ann Mil Health Sci Res. 2010; 8(1):49-55. [In Persian]
- Bagheri F, Akbarizadeh F, Hatami H. The relationship between spiritual intelligence and happiness on the nurse staffs of the Fatemeh Zahra Hospital and Bentolhoda Institute of Boushehr City. Iran South Med J. 2011; 14(4): 256-63. [In Persian]
- Ansari H, Bahrami L, Akbarzadeh L, Bakhshani N. Assessing spiritual wellbeing of students of zahedan university of medical sciences and factors affecting it. Zahedan J Res Med Sci. 2007; 9(4):295-304.
- Zare N, Daneshpazhooh F, Amini M, Razeghi M, Fallahzadeh M. The Relationship between Self-esteem, General Health and Academic Achievement in Students of Shiraz University of Medical Sciences. Iran J Med Educ. 2007; 7(1): 59-67. [In Persian]
- Rezaei M, SeyedFatemi N, Hoseini F. Spiritual well-being in cancer patients who undergo chemotherapy. Hayat. 2008; 14(4): 33-9. [In Persian]
- Omidvari S. Spiritual wellbeing, Concepts and Challenges. Specialized Quarterly of Quranic Interdisciplinary Researches. 2008; 1(1): 5-17. [In Persian]
- Cichy RF, Cha JM, Kim SH. The relationship between organizational commitment and contextual performance among private club leaders. Int J Hosp Manag. 2009; 28(1): 53-62.
- DiPaola M, Hoy W. Organizational citizenship of faculty and achievement of high school students. High School J. 2005; 88(3): 35-44.
- DiPaola MF, Hoy WK. School characteristics that foster organizational citizenship behavior. J School Leadership 2005; 15(4): 308-26.
- Appelbaum S, Bartoloumucci N, Beaumier E, Boulanger J, Corrigan R, Dore I, et al. Organizational citizenship behavior: a case study of culture, leadership and trust. Manag Decision. 2004; 42(1): 13-40.
- Spreitzer G, Sonenshein S. Toward the construct definition of positive deviance. Am Behav Sci. 2004; 47(6): 828-47.
- Somech A, Drach-Zahavy A. Understanding organizational citizenship behavior in schools: The relationships between job satisfaction, sense of efficacy and teachers’ extra-role behavior. Teaching and Teacher Education. 2000; 16(5-6): 649-59.
- Baker T, Hunt T, Andrews M. Promoting ethical behavior and organizational citizenship behaviors: The influence of corporate ethical values. J Business Res. 2006; 59(7): 849-857.
- Golparvar M. The role of academic ethics, justice and injustice in academic education in civil behavior. New J Sci Educ. 2010; 5(4): 2541. [In Persian]
- Khalid S, Norshimah A, SinthaMadar A, Ismail M. Undergraduates’ organizational citizenship behavior: the role of religiosity. Int J Academic Res Business Soc Sci. 2013; 3(7): 572-84.
- Farahaninia M, Abbasi M, Giouri A, Haghani H. Nursing Students’ Spiritual Well-Being and Their Perspectives Towards Spirituality and Spiritual Care Perspectives. Iran J Nurs. 2006; 18(44): 7-14. [In Persian]
- Asgari P, RoshaniKh, Mehri A. The relationship between religious beliefs and spiritual health optimism in Ahvaz University Students. New Findings in Psychology. 2009; 4(10): 27-39. [In Persian]
- Hsiao YC, Chiang HY, Chien LY. An exploration of the status of spiritual health among nursing students in Taiwan. Nurse Educ Today. 2010; 30(5): 386-92.
- Kutcher E, Bragger J, Rodriguez-Srednicki O, Masco J. The role of religiosity in stress, job attitudes, and organizational citizenship behavior. J Business Ethics. 2010; 95(2): 31937.
- Ivan D, Gergana V. Organizational Citizenship Behavior and Satisfaction with Coworkers among Bulgarian Teaching Staff. Baltic J Career Educ Manag. 2013;1(1): 40-7.
- Moghimian M, Salmani F. Studying correlation between Spiritual wellbeing and hope of cancer patients admitted to the Seyedolshohada medical center affiliated with the Isfahan Medical University. Baltic J Career Educ Manag. 2012; 6(3): 40-5. [In Persian]
- Mauk K. No spirituality nursing in nursing practice. 2th ed. Philadelphia: Lippincott company; 2004:1960-99.
- Allah Bakhshian M, Jafarpour M, Parvizi M, Haghani M. A Survey on relationship between spiritual wellbeing and quality of life in multiple sclerosis patients. Zahedan J Res Med Sci. 2010; 12(3): 2033.[In Persian]
- Golparvar M, Javadian Z, Mesbahi M. Structural patterns related to educational equity and academic satisfaction, outcomes, and academic citizenship behaviors. J Modern Thoughts Educ. 2011; 7(1): 87-102. [In Persian]
- Mostafazadeh F, Asadzadeh F. Assessing spiritual wellbeing of midwifery students. J Health Care. 2012: 14(1-2): 55-60. [In Persian]
- LeBlanc CJ. Characteristics shaping college student organizational citizenship behavior. Am J Business Educ. 2014; 7(2): 99-108.
- Jafari E, Dehshiri G, Eskandari H, Najafi M, Heshmati R, Hoseinifar J. Spiritual well-being and mental health in university students. Procedia Soc Behav Sci. 2010; 5(1): 1477-81.
- Rahimi N. (dissertation). The study of spiritual intelligence and spiritual well being in nursing and midwifery students of Razi School of Kerman University of Medical Sciences and their attitude toward spiritualityand spiritual care. Kerman: Kerman University of Medical Sciences; 2012. [In Persian]
- McSherry W, Gretton M, Draper P, Watson R. The ethical basis of teaching spirituality and spiritual care: A survey of student nurses perceptions. Nurse Educ Today. 2008; 28(8): 1002-8.
- Organ D, Ryan K. A meta-analytic review of attitudinal and dispositional predictors of organizational citizenship behavior. Personnel Psychology. 1995; 48(4): 775-802.
- Kidder D, Mclean J. The good soldier: Who is s(h)e? J Organizational Behav. 2001; 22(8): 939-59.
- Gholipour A, Pirannejad A. Investigated the effects of self-righteousness in the creation of educational institutions. Human Sci Bulletin. 2007; 53(Sociology Supplement): 357-74. [In Persian]
- Kazemi R, Gorji M B. Evaluating the relationship between job burnout and organizational citizenship behavior: A study of Industry,Mine and Trade organizations employee. Arab J Business Manag Review. 2013; 2(8): 50-61.
- Jenaabadi H, Okati E, Sarhadi A. Organizational Citizenship Behavior, Job Satisfaction and Commitment to School: Is There Any Significant Difference between Male and Female Teachers? World J Educ. 2013; 3(3): 75-81.
- Esnard C, Jouffre S. Organizational citizenship behavior: Social valorization among pupils and the effect on teachers' judgments. Eur J Psychol Educ. 2008; 23(3): 255-74.
- Namazzi competences, C. (dissertation). Organizational Teacher citizenship behaviors and performance of teachers in secondary schools. University; 2011.
- Justin A. Kampala: Makerere (dissertation). Organizational citizenship behavior at catholic institutions of higher education: Effect of organizational commitment, interpersonal and system level trust. Iowa City: University of Iowa; 2013.
- Blanchard A. (dissertation). Communication satisfaction, organizational citizenship behavior and the relationship to student achievement in high schools. South San Francisco: Northern Arizona University; 2012.
- Ehtiyar V, Alan A, Omuris E. The role of organizational citizenship behavior onuniversity student’s academicsuccess. Tourism Hosp Manag. 2010; 6(1): 47-61.