Document Type : Viewpoint
PhD candidate in Medical Education, Research Center for Health Services Management, Institute for Futures Studies in Health, Kerman University of Medical Sciences, Kerman, Iran
Associate Professor, Department of Medical Education, Medical Education Research Center, Isfahan University of Medical Sciences, Isfahan, Iran
- Ausubel DP. Educational psychology: A cognitive view. New York: Holt McDougal; 1968.
- Novak JD. Concept maps and Vee diagrams: Two metacognitive tools to facilitate meaningful learning. Instructional science. 1990; 19 (1):29-52.
- Novak JD, Gowin DB. Learning how to learn. New York: Cambridge University Press; 1984.
- Daley BJ, Torre DM. Concept maps in medical education: an analytical literature review. Med Educ. 2010; 44 (5): 440-8.
- Pintoi AJ, Zeitz HJ. Concept mapping: a strategy for promoting meaningful learning in medical education. Med Teach. 1997; 19 (2): 114-21.
- 6. Brauer DG, Ferguson The integrated curriculum in medical education: AMEE Guide No. 96. Med Teach. 2015; 37(4):312-22.
- Watson GR. What is concept mapping? Med Teach. 1989; 11 (3-4): 265-9.
- Carnot MJ, Feltovich P, Hoffman RR, Feltovich J, Hoffman RR, Feltovich J, et al. A summary of literature pertaining to the use of concept mapping techniques and technologies for education and performance support. [Cited 2003 Jul 8]. Available from: https://carmenwiki.osu.edu/download/attachments/ 15599855/IHMC+Literature+Review+on+Concept +Mapping.pdf.
- Irvine LM. Can concept mapping be used to promote meaningful learning in nurse education? J Adv Nurs. 1995; 21(6):1175–9.
- Novak JD, Canas AJ. The Theory Underlying Concept Maps and How to Construct Them. Technical Report IHMC Camp Tools 2006-01. Pensacola, FL: Institute for Human and Machine Cognition; 2006.
- Abel W, Freeze M. Evaluation of concept mapping in an associate degree nursing programme. J Nurs Educ. 2006; 45 (9):356–64.
- Ertmer PA, Nour AY. Teaching basic medical sciences at a distance: strategies for effective teaching and learning in Internet-based courses. J Vet Med Educ. 2007; 34 (3):316–24.
- Kinchin IM, Cabot LB, Hay DB. Using concept mapping to locate the tacit dimension of clinical expertise: towards a theoretical framework to support critical reflection on teaching. Learn Health Soc Care. 2008; 7(2):93–104.
- Mayer RE. Models for understanding. Review of educational research. 1989; 59(1):43-64.
- Small PA Jr. Consequences for medical education of problem-solving in science and medicine. J Med Educ. 1988; 63(11):848-53.
- Cutrer WB, Castro D, Roy KM, Turner TL.. Use of an expert concept map as an advance organizer to improve understanding of respiratory failure. Med Teach. 2011; 33(12):1018-26.
- Kinchin IM, Hay DB. How a qualitative approach to concept map analysis can be used to aid learning by illustrating patterns of conceptual development. Educ Res. 2000; 42 (1):43–57.
- Kinchin I, Hay D. Using concept maps to optimize the composition of collaborative student groups: a pilot study. J Adv Nurs. 2005; 51 (2):183–7.
- West DC, Park JK, Pomeroy JR, Sandoval J. Concept mapping assessment in medical education: a comparison of two scoring systems. Med Educ. 2002; 36(9):820–6.
- Boxtel CV, Linden JV, Roelofs E, Erkens G. Collaborative concept mapping: provoking and supporting meaningful discourse. Theory into practice. 2002; 41 (1):40–6.
- Bloom, B. S. Taxonomy of educational objectives; the classification of educational goals. 1st ed. New York: Longmans Green; 1956.