Document Type : Original Article
Ph.D. in Educational Administration, Assistant Professor, Department of Educational Sciences, School of Psychology and Educational Sciences, Azarbaijan Shahid Madani University, Tabriz, Iran
M.A. in Planning & Management of Higher Education, School of Psychology and Educational Sciences, Azarbaijan Shahid Madani University, Tabriz, Iran
Background & Objective: The quantitative development of higher education regardless of quality will lead to undesirable consequences The main clients of universities are students Determination of their perception of educational services quality can provide policy maker with valuable information in order to improve educational services quality This study was conducted in order to investigate educational services quality based on the SERVQUAL model from the perspective of students of Tabriz University of Medical Sciences Iran Methods: The statistical population of this study included 3084 students of Tabriz University of Medical Sciences In order to perform this descriptivecorrelational study 200 students were randomly selected For data collection the SERVQUAL questionnaire was used This questionnaire consists of five dimensions (tangibility reliability empathy responsiveness and assurance) of educational services quality with 27 questions The validity of the questionnaire was approved through content validity methods and its reliability using Cronbachs alpha coefficient The data were analyzed using descriptive statistics and one sample ttest Results: The study results indicated students positive evaluation of tangibility responsiveness reliability and empathy dimensions of educational services quality Conclusion: The results showed that in general in all dimensions of educational services quality of service was higher than average The lowest and highest means were observed in the responsiveness and reliability dimensions respectively
- Aghmolaei T, Zare S, Abedini S. The quality gap of educational services from the point of view of students in Hormozgan University of Medical Sciences. J Strides Dev Med Educ. 2006, 3(2): 78-85. [In Persian]
- Nemation HR. Quality gaps of bank services. Tadbir. 2004; 14(142): 55-62. [In Persian]
- Sahney S, Banwet DK, Karnuess. An Integrated framework for quality in education: application of quality function deployment, interpretive structural modeling and path analysis. Total Quality Management & Business Excellence. 2006; 17(2): 265-85.
- Marofi Y, Kiamanesh AR, Mehrmohammadi M, Aliasgari M. Teaching assessment in higher education: an investigation of current approaches. J Curriculum Studies. 2007; 2(5): 81-112. [In Persian]
- Azizi F. Medical education: mission, vision and challenges. 1st ed. Tehran: Ministry of Health and Medical Education; 2003 99-104.
- Sohrabi Z, Peirovi H, Khachian A, Farajollahi M. Step by step to universities Excellency. Tehran: Nehzate Pooya Pub; 2009: 110-50. [In Persian]
- Shafiee M, Mirghafoor SH. Identify and Rank Factors that in Fluence the Quality of Educational Services in Higher Education (Case Study: Faculty of Management of Yazd University). J Higher Education in Iran. 2008; 2: 51-67. [In Persian]
- Pakarian S. (dissertation). Investigation of educational quality promote in Isfahan University and some subjection for improving. Isfahan: Isfshan University; 1990. [In Persian]
- Enayati T, Zameni F, Nasirpoor Deravi N. Assessing the quality of educational service in Mazandaran University of Medical Sciences using Servqual Model. J Health Promotion Management. 2013; 2(2): 32-9. [In Persian]
- Van den Akker J. Curriculum Perspectives: An Introduction. In: Van den Akker J, Kuiper W, eds. Curriculum Landscapes and Trends. Netherland: Springer Netherlands; 2003: 1-10.
- R Singh. SERVQUAL and model of service quality gaps: A framework for determining and prioritizing critical factors from faculty perspective in higher education. Int J Engineering Sci Technol. 2010; 2(7): 3297-304.
- Martinez J, Martinez L. Some insights on conceptualizing and measuring service quality. J Retailing and Consumer Services. 2010; 17(1): 29-42.
- Chua C. Perception of quality in higher education. Proceedings of the Australian universities quality forum. Melbourne: AUQA Occasional Pub; 2004.
- Bradley RB. Analyzing service quality: The case of post-graduate Chinese students. [Cited 2011 Jul 19]. Available from: http://www.slideshare.net/BLAlib/bradley-barnes
- Richard E, Adams JN. Assessing college student perceptions of instructor customer service to student’s questionnaire: Assessment in higher education. Assessment & Evaluation in Higher Education. 2006; 31(5):535-49.
- Abbasian M, Chaman R, Mousavi SA, Amiri M, Gholami Taromsari M, Maleki F, et al. Gap Analysis between student s perceptions and Expectation of quality of Educational services using serqual model. Qom Univ Med Sci J. 2013; 7(2): 2-9. [In Persian]
- Tofighi Sh, Sadeghifar J, Hamouzadeh P, Afshari S, Forouzanfar F, Taghavi shahri S. Quality of educational services from the viewpoints of students; SERVQUAL model. Educ Strategies Med Sci. 2011;4(1):21-6. [In Persian]
- Karydis A, Komboli-Kodovazeniti M, Hatzigeorgiou D, Panis V. Expectations and perceptions of Greek patients regarding the quality of dental health care. Int J Qual Health Care. 2001; 13(5):409-16.
- Lim PC, Tang NK. A study of patients' expectations and satisfaction in Singapore hospitals. Int J Health Care Qual Assur Inc Leadersh Health Serv. 2000; 13(6-7):290-9.
- Dotchin JA, Oakland JS. Total quality management in services, Part 3: Distinguishing perceptions of service quality. Int J Quality Reliability Management. 1994; 11(4): 6-28.
- Gagliano KB, Cote JH. Customer expectations and perceptions of service quality in apparel specialty stores. J Service Marketing. 1994; 8(1): 60-9.
- Kebriaei A, Roudbari M, Rakhshani NM, Mirlotfi P. Assessing quality of educational services at Zahedan University of Medical Sciences. Tabibe-Shargh J. 2005; 7(2): 139-46. [In Persian]
- Aghamolaei T, Zare S, Abedini S. The quality gap of educational services from the point of view of students in Hormozgan University of Medical Sciences. J Strides Dev Med Educ. 2007; 3(2): 78-85. [In Persian]
- Lamei A. Total Quality management in health care. In: Quality Improvement Unit. Tehran: Ministry of Health and Education; 2000. [In Persian]