Document Type : Letter to editor
Department of Anesthesiology, All India Institute of Medical Sciences, Nagpur, India
Department of Anesthesiology and Critical Care., Dr Baba Saheb Ambedkar Medical College, New Delhi, India
Department of Anesthesiology, Critical Care and pain Medicine. University College of Medical Sciences, Delhi, India
India has accomplished an astonishing rate of Corona Virus Disease (COVID-19) vaccination. Clever application of the prevailing immunisation infrastructure and logistics has facilitated in augmenting the reach of the vaccination program. Regardless, India is beholding an austere wave of the pandemic with a precipitous rise in number of cases. India ranks second in global covid tally with more than 31 million COVID-19 cases, ensuing a massive pressure on its existing healthcare infrastructure and medical workforce (1).
- World health organization. WHO Coronavirus (COVID-19) Dashboard. [cited 2021 Jul 19]. Available from: https://covid19.who.int/
- Bairy KL, Thirumalaikolundusubramanian P, Sivagnanam G, Saraswathi S, Sachidananda A, Shalini A. Bullying among trainee doctors in SouthernIndia: A questionnaire study. J Postgrad Med. Apr-Jun 2007;53(2):87-90, 90A-91A. doi: 10.4103/0022-3859.32206. [PMID: 17495372].
- Supe AN. A study of stress in medical students at Seth GS Medical College. J Postgrad Med. Jan-Mar 1998;44(1):1-6. [PMID: 10703558].
- Azhar GS, Azhar AZ, Azhar AS. Overwork Among Residents in India: A Medical Resident's Perspective. J Family Med Prim Care. 2012 Jul;1(2):141-3. doi: 10.4103/2249-4863.104986. [PMID: 24479024]. [PMCID: PMC3893972].
- Jaiswal R. Impact of the coronavirus disease 2019 pandemic on resident doctors in India. Cancer Res Stat Treat. 2020;3(5):87-9. doi:10.4103/CRST.CRST_140_20.
- The Times of India, C.D. Resident doctors on covid duty, starring at academic losses. [cited 2021 Jul 19]. Available from: https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/city/nagpur/resident-docs-on-covid-duty-staring-at-academic-losses/articleshow/81637300.cms.
- The times of India, C.D. Concerned over academic loss, resident doctors threatened to stop Covid services. [cited 2021 Jul 19]. Available from: https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/city/nagpur/concerned-over-academic-loss-resident-doctors-threaten-to-stop-covid-services/articleshow/81861204.cms.
- The Indian express, T.B. In second year of pandemic, resident doctors on Covid duty rue academic loss. [cited 2021 Jul 19]. Available from: https://indianexpress.com/article/cities/mumbai/in-second-year-of-pandemic-resident-docs-on-covid-duty-rue-academic-loss-7261832/