Document Type : Letter to editor
Department of Medical Education, Education Development Center, Kerman University of Medical Sciences, Kerman, Iran
The importance of comprehensive andsustainable development, competition between countries to gain a superior cultural-political and economic position, and strengthening science and technology to expand the sphere of influence and national authority indicate the efficiency of universities and institutions of higher education, research, and technology to achieve country’s scientific and technological goals. In the meantime, the effective and undeniable role of faculty members as the most important pillar in the process of promoting and guaranteeing the quality of higher education is irrefutable.
- RaoufiKelachayeh SS, Askaryan M, Hamidifar F, Rezazadeh Bahadoran H. Explaining Performance Evaluation Criteria for University Faculty Members: A Qualitative Study. Journal of Health Promotion Management. 2020; 9(3):72-83. [In Persian]
- Zavare JB, Nasr Isfahani AR, NiliM R. Analysis of faculty promotion regulations: Challenges and consequences. Iranian Higher Education. 2018; 10(1):79-98. [In Persian]
- Ebrahimpour S, Shaditalab Narrative of Women, s Experiences in Promotion to Professorship at Universities of Iran. Social Welfare Quarterly. 2017; 17(66):53-106. [In Persian]
- Karimi Moonaghi H, zhianifard A, Jafarzadeh H, behnam H, tvakol afshari J. Survey obstacles and problems promotion process: Untold of faculty members. J Med Educ Dev. 2015; 8 (18):73-85. [In Persian]
- Smith SB, Hollerbach A, Donato AS, Edlund BJ, Atz T, Kelechi TJ. Streamlining appointment, promotion, and tenure procedures to promote early-career faculty success. J Prof Nurs. Sep-Oct 2016;32(5):334-41. doi: 10.1016/j.profnurs.2016.01.011. [PMID: 27649591].
- Salajegheh M, Gandomkar R, Mirzazadeh A, Sandars J. Identification of capacity development indicators for faculty development programs: A nominal group technique study. BMC Med Educ. 2020 May 24;20(1):163. doi: 10.1186/s12909-020-02068-7. [PMID: 32448229]. [PMCID: PMC7245937].
- Park KC, Lee CH. A Study on Obstacles and Promotion of Faculty Technology Entrepreneurship. Journal of Digital Convergence. 2019;17(8):81-8.
- Eckhaus E, Davidovitch N. How Do Academic Faculty Members Perceive the Effect of Teaching Surveys Completed by Students on Appointment and Promotion Processes at Academic Institutions? A Case Study. International Journal of Higher Education. 2019;8(1):171-80. doi:10.5430/ijhe.v8n1p171.