Document Type : Letter to editor
Department of Pharmacy, Faculty of Life Sciences, University of Development Alternative, Dhaka, Bangladesh
The Coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19) pandemic is a public health disaster with massive and various social, financial, and health consequences(1), which is transforming the community in countless ways. It has affected lifestyle to economy, playground to pray-yard, primary education to professional education (2).
- Sharma D, Bhaskar Addressing the Covid-19 Burden on Medical Education and Training: The Role of Telemedicine and Tele-Education During and Beyond the Pandemic. Front Public Health. 2020; 8: 1-14. doi:10.3389/fpubh.2020.589669. [PMID: 33330333] [PMCID: PMC7728659]
- Biswas RSR, Uddin Impact of COVID19 on Medical Education in Bangladesh. Chattogram Maa-O-Shishu Hospital Medical College Journal. 2020; 19(2). doi:10.3329/cmoshmcj.v19i2.50012
- Alsoufi A, Alsuyihili A, Msherghi A, Elhadi A, Atiyah H, Ashini A, et al. Impact of the COVID-19 pandemic on medical education: Medical students' knowledge, attitudes, and practices regarding electronic learning. PLoS One. 2020; 15(11): e0242905, doi: 10.1371/journal.pone.0242905. [PMID: 33237962] [PMCID: PMC7688124]
- Johora F, Akter Abbasy A, Tasmin Jeenia F, Chandro Bhowmik M, Moitra P, Ferdoush J. The impact of COVID-19 pandemic on undergraduate medical students of Bangladesh. Journal of Army Medical College Chattogram. 2020;3(1):5-9.
- Engzell P, Frey A, Verhagen M D. Learning loss due to school closures during the COVID-19 pandemic. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2021;118(17):e2022376118; .doi:10.1073/pnas.2022376118 [PMID:33827987] [PMCID:PMC8092566]
- Head JR, Andrejko KL, Cheng Q, Collender PA, Phillips S, Boser A, et al. School closures reduced social mixing of children during COVID-19 with implications for transmission risk and school reopening policies. J R Soc Interface. 2021; 18(177). doi:10.1098/rsif.2020.0970.
- Papapanou M, Routsi E, Tsamakis K, Fotis L, Marinos G, Lidoriki L, et al. Medical education challenges and innovations during COVID-19 pandemic. Postgrad Med J. 2021. doi:10.1136/postgradmedj-2021-140032 [PMID: 33782202]
- Liu CH, Lin The impact of COVID-19 on medical education: Experiences from one medical university in Taiwan. J Formos Med Assoc. 2021; 120(9): 1782-4. doi:10.1016/j.jfma.2021.02.016. [PMID: 33757674] [PMCID:PMC7938791]
- Samaraee The impact of the COVID-19 pandemic on medical education. Br J Hosp Med (Lond). 2020; 81(7): 1-4. doi:10.12968/hmed.2020.0191. [PMID: 32730144]