Document Type : Letter to editor
General Practitioner and M.Sc. in Medical Information Technology, Medical Education Development Center, Kerman University of Medical Sciences, Kerman, Iran
Ph.D. in Medical Engineering, Professor in Biomechanics Dept., School of Medical Engineering, Amirkabir University of Technology, Tehran, Iran
General Practitioner & Epidemiologist, Associate Professor in Epidemiology and Biostatistics Dept. and Physiology Research Center, Kerman University of Medical Sciences, Kerman, Iran
A new world of distance education demands new thinking Key components to complete the distance educational system require that institutions determine how the process is designed delivered integrated and supported To have a better chance to develop online education in Iran the academic staff should mention a lot of punctual notes in order to prepare the material which is going to be published as the online course As a rule teachers must pay careful attention to the common principles and standards in virtual education Moreover they must improve their skills in designing and editing course contents In the process of virtual education taking five exact steps can lead us to achieve the main educational goal that is effective learning These five steps include analysis instructional design interface design development online testing and evaluation The key to success in virtual education concerns serious attention to the quality of educational content and the capability to reuse learning objects It is definitely necessary for the countrys higher educational system to consider this fact having a specialized and scientific view
- Howard C, Schenk K, Discenza R. Distance learning and University effectiveness: changing educational paradigms for online learning. London: Information Science Publishing; 2004:119-120
- A review on the standards of electronic learning and education. Advanced information and Communication Technology Center Sharif University of Technology, 2002.
- Tilya FN. Policy issues in ICT education and training. Available from: URL: http://iucea.org/downloads/4.%20Policy%20Issues% 20in%20ICT%20Education%20and%20Traini ng.doc.
- Utah State University, other educational resources, intro to instructional design. Available from: URL: http://ocw.usu.edu/Other_Educational_Resources/Intro_to_Instru ctional_Design.
- Smith JM. Converting courses to online. DETC Occasional 2000; 19. Available from: URL:http://www.detc.org/downloads/No19Converti ngCoursetoOnline.pdf;
- Williams P. How to develop an online course 2008. Available from: URL: http://www.stylusinc.com/WebEnable/HR/lesson1.p hp.