Document Type : Original Article
PhD Student in Biostatistics, Department of Epidemiology and Biostatistics, School of Public Health, Tehran University of Medical Sciences, Tehran, Iran
Undergraduate Student in Public Health, Student Research Committee, Mazandaran University of Medical Sciences, Sari, Iran
PhD in Community Medicine, Associate Professor, Department of Community Medicine, School of Medicine, Mazandaran University of Medical Sciences, Sari, Iran
Background & Objective: Telemedicine is the use of new communication and information technologies to provide clinical services health care and transferring of information for care of patients from a geographical distance The aim of this research was to determine the views of medical students on the development of telemedicine procedures in the Mazandaran University of Medical Sciences Iran Methods: A sample of 90 medical students was selected randomly in the first semester of study of 201112 The students views were assessed using a questionnaire of 33 questions consisting of three parts: demographic data questions in five areas (organizational factors technological factors stakeholders agents information literacy and environmental factors) and student use of the various areas of technology (computers internet medical websites medical applications and etc) Results: In the questions concerning the scope of the organizational factors 655% of students had a positive opinion in regard to admission to the structural changes in the organization Among the factors of technology 867% of students had positive views on broadband access in the factors of stakeholders 589% on empowering the private sector in implementing telemedicine in the information literacy 755% on students skills in using computers and the Internet and in the environmental factors 800% on economic factors for the plan Conclusion: Students believed the role of economic factors (cost appropriate technology and etc) to be more important than cultural factors (physicianpatient interaction culture community support willingness of the family and etcetera)
1.Farokhrzad N, Dehghani M, Farokhrzad M. The Role of Electronic Health Records in Presenting Health Information. Journal of eLearning Distribution In academy 2011; 2(4): 25-33. [In Persian]
- Mashoufi M, Mashoufi B, Refahi S, Mardi A. Health information technology and telemedicine. 1th National Congress on Health Information Technology. Hormozgan University of Medical Sciences, Bandar Abbas, Iran, 2009; 7-5. [In Persian]
- Ranjbar H, Borhani F, Abbas Zadeh A. Information technology applications in medicine and nursing. Journal of Nursing and Midwifery, Kerman University 2009; 9(1- 2)(17-18): 61 – 67. [In Persian]
- Homayoun Darvish A, Daneshvar Ghorbani K, Tabazy A. Telemedicine and its clinical use. Journal of Social medicine 2005; 4(23):16-21. [In Persian]
- Gustke SS. Balch DC, West VL. Patient satisfaction with telemedicine. Telemedicine Journal 2000; 6 (1): 5-13.
- Hafezi Rashti M, Moaied Rezaei Sh. The Role of Information and Communication Technology in Telemedicine Information Exchange. Homa-ye-Salamat Journal 2008; 5(4):11-5. [In Persian]
- Perednia DA, Allen A. Telemedicine Technology and Clinical Applications. The Journal of The American Medical Association 1995; 273(6):483-8.
- Taheri M, Heydarzadeh A, Heydari H, Mohtasham Amiri Z. Physicians' views on the development of methods of remote. 1th Congress use of information technology in health, Mazandaran, Iran: 2011; 19-20. [In Persian]
- Ghaffari A, Firoozabadi M, Mohegh M. Another world of telemedicine. Journal of Biomedical Engineering and Laboratory Equipment 2008; 8(92):7 – 11.[In Persian]
- The use of telecommunication technologies as a medium for providing medical services, NASA Commercial Technology Network. Available from: http://www.hq.nasa.gov/office/hqlibrary/aeros pacedictionary/aerodictall/t.html
- Jowkar A. Informational Resources as a Supporting Systems in Electronic Education: Electronic Students of Shiraz University as a Case study. Quarterly Journal of Research and Planing in Higher Education 2007; 13(1):91-116. [In Persian]
- Torani KM, Khammarnia M, Delgoshaei B. The Ability of Specialized Hospitals of Iran University of Medical Sciences in Establishing Remote Medical Advice. Health Information Management 2012; 8(6): 785-94. [In Persian]
- Ruggiero C. Teleradiology: a review. Journal of Telemedicine and Telecare1998; 4(1):2535.
- Faoagali J, Coles W, Price L, et al. Telepathology. Journal of Telemedicine and Telecare 2001; 7(2):71-2.
- Stanberry B. Telemedicine: barriers and opportunities in the 21st century. Journal of Internal Medicine 2000; 247(6): 615-28.
- Haji Ebrahimzargar ME. Memory algorithm for forward medical information from long distance. Journal of Biomedical Engineering and Laboratory Equipment 2008; 8(88):1321[In Persian]
- Rino R, Ohinmaa A, Hailey D. Assessing telemedicine: a systematic review of the literature. Canadian Medical Association Journal 2001; 165(6):765-71.
- Grigsby J, Sanders JH. Telemedicine: where it is and where it's going. Annals of Internal Medicine 1998; 129(2):123-7.
- Mair F, Whitten P. Systematic review of studies of telemedicine. 1520. patient satisfaction with BMJ 2000;320(7248):1517
- Dehghan R, GHorbani V. Development of electronic health: a strategic imperative for the health care system. Health Information Managemen 2004; 1(2):57-9. [In Persian]
- Shabani A. Development of electronic medical programs in the information society. Information Sciences & Technology; 20(1-2): 59-65.[In Persian]
- The online version of the Iranian daily Hamshahri.2011; Available from: http://hamshahrionline.ir/details/149600.
- Nasiripour AA, Radfar R, Najaf Beigi R, et al. Factors affecting the implementation of electronic health. Journal of Hospital 2011; 10(1):53-62.[In Persian]
- Dargahi H, Razavi M. The role of organizational culture in order to implement the telemedicine technology in health service centers Tehran University of Medical Sciences. Tehran University Medical Journal 2005 63(2): 99-107. [In Persian]. [In Persian]
- Hosaini AS, Moghadasi H, Asadi F, et al. Feasibility Study of f Feasibility Medical Sciences. Journal of Health Information Management 2012; 9(1): 64-74. [In Persian]
- Hyevi Haghighi MH, Mastaneh Z, Moseli L, et al. Feasibility of telemedicine in Hormozgan University of Medical Sciences. Medical Journal of Hormozgan University 2011;15 (2):128-37.[In Persian]
27. Lorenzi NM, Riley RT, Dewen NA. Barriers and Resistance to Informatics in Behavioral Health. Amsterdam: IOS Press; 2001.