Document Type : Original Article
PhD in Curriculum and Learning Program, Associate Professor, Department of Educational Psychology, School of Education and Psychology, Shiraz University, Shiraz, Iran
MA Student in Educational Administration, School of Psychology and Education, Kharazmi University, Tehran, Iran
PhD Student in Educational Administration, University of Shiraz, Shiraz, Iran
Background & Objective: The equality and educational justice in educational environment can be effective in students morale and academic performance The aim of present study was considering the impact of educational justice on students academic burnout Methods: This was a crosssectional descriptive analytical study The sample included 210 students of the University of Social Welfare and Rehabilitation Science Tehran Iran selected by nonprobability quota sampling Research instruments included Educational Justice (Golparvar 2010) and Academic Burnout (Berso et al 1997) Questionnaires both had desirable reliability and validity Results: There was no significant difference between the male and female students perceptions of educational justice in the university In addition there was no significant difference between male and female students in the level of academic burnout Improve educational justice reduced burnout dimensions (emotional exhaustion apathy and inefficiency of school education) Conclusion: Based on the results improve educational justice can be associated with lower rates of students academic burnout Thus university authorities should consider creating equal educational opportunities
- Capri B, Gunduz B, Gokcakan Z. Maslach Burnout Inventory-student forms Turkish: reliability and validity study. Journal of University Faculty of Education, 2011; 40:134147.
- Hu Q, Schaufeli WB. The factorial validity of the Maslach Burnout Inventory-student survey in China. Psychological Reports 2009; 105 (2): 394-408.
- David AP. Examining the relationship of personality and burnout in college students: The role of academic motivation. Educational Measurement and Evaluation Review 2010; 1: 90-104.
- Zhang Y, Gan Y, Cham H. Perfectionism, academic burnout and engagement among Chinese college students: A structural equation modeling analysis. Personality and Individual Differences 2007; 43 (4): 1529-40.
- Moneta GB. Need for achievement, burnout, and intention to leave: Testing an occupational model in educational settings. Personality and Individual Differences 2011; 50 (2): 274–8 .
- Noami AZ. Relationship between the quality of students' learning experience with burnout MA Shahid Chamran University. Journal of Psychological Studies 2009; 5 (3): 117 –34. [In Persian]
- Campos JADB, Zucoloto ML, Bonafé FSS, et al. Reliability and validity of self-reported burnout in college students: A crossrandomized comparison of paper-and-pencil vs. online administration. Computers in Human Behavior 2011; 27 (5): 1875-83 .
- Shin H, Lee J, Kim B, et al. Students’ perceptions of parental bonding styles and their academic burnout, Asia Pacific Education Review 2012; 13(3):509–17.
- Salmela-Alo K, Kiuru N, Pietikainen M, et al. Does school matter? The role of school context in adolescents’ school-related burnout. European Psychologist 2008; 13(1): 12-23.
- Jacobs S, Dodd D. Student burnout as a function of personality, social support, and workload. Journal of College Student Development 2003; 44(3): 291-303.
- Weckwerth A, Flynn D. Effect of sex on perceived support and burnout in university students. College Student Journal 2006; 40(2): 237-49.
- Bernhard C. A survey of burnout among college music majors. College Student Journal 2007; 41(2): 392-401.
- Schaufeli W, Martinez I, Marquez-Pinto A, et al. Burnout and engagement in university students- a cross national study. Journal of Cross-Cultural Psychology 2002; 33(5): 46481.
- Law D. Exhaustion in university students and the effect of coursework involvement. Journal of American College Health 2007; 55 (4): 23945.
- Eldridge C. Principals leading for educational equity: social justice in action. doctoral dissertation. University of Maryland. 2012; Available from URL: http://drum.lib.umd.edu//handle/1903/12669.
- Mosher LD. Critical Reflection, Educational Justice, and Teacher Formation in a Rural Setting. Doctoral dissertation. University of Redlands. 2010;. Available from: http://proquest.umi.com.
- Golparvar M. Relationship between morality and justice, avoidance of deception scientific training. Ethics in Science & Technology 2010; 5 (1 & 2): 66-57. [In Persian]
- Chisnall K. Exploring Leadership for Excellence and Equity in High Performing Middle Schools. Doctoral dissertation. University of North Carolina. 2010; Available from URL: http://proquest.umi.com
- Rostami Z, Abedi M. Dose academic burnout predicts life satisfaction or life satisfaction is predictor of academic burnout? Interdisciplinary Journal of Contemporary Research in Business 2012; 3 (12): 668- 674.Available from: www.connection.ebscohost.com.
- Capri B, Ozkendir OM, Ozkurt B, et al. General self-efficacy beliefs, life satisfaction and burnout of University students. Social and Behavioral Sciences 2012; 47: 968 –73.
- Backović DV, Zivojinović JI, Maksimović J, et al. Gender differences in academic stress and burnout among medical students in final years of education. Psychiatr Danub 2012; 24(2):17581.
- Zahrani AL. The impact of organizational justice on job burnout: A study in private hospitals in privadh, Saudi Arabia. Interdisciplinary Journal of Contemporary Research in Business 2011; 3 (6) : 627-637. Available from: www.connection.ebscohost.com.
- Erden FT. A course on gender equity in education: does it affect role attitudes of pre eservice teacher? Teaching and Teacher Education 2009; 25(3): 409-14.
- Golparvar M, Javadian Z, Mesbahi MR. Structural models to study the relationship between educational equity pleased with the results, civil behavior - Educational and academic fraud. Journal of Modern Thoughts in Education 2011; 7 (1): 87-102. [In Persian]
- Gholipour A, Pirannegad A. Effects of selfesteemand promote educational equity in the educational institutions. Journal of Science 2007;53: 374-357. Available from:www.noormags.com [In Persian]