Document Type : Original Article
Associate Professor, Department of Educational Sciences and Psychology, School of Education and Psychology, Shiraz University, Shiraz, Iran
Ph.D. Student in Educational Administration, Department of Psychology, School of Education and Psychology, Shiraz University, Shiraz, Iran
M.Sc. Student in Educational Administration, Kharazmi University, Tehran, Iran
Background & Objective: One of the tasks of university is the empowerment of students in various areas such as recognizing the future that be affected by the quality of their learning experiences Thus the aim of present study was considering the association between qualities of learning experiences and development of students futures research ability Methods: This was a crosssectional descriptive–analytical study The sample size included 223 student of social welfare and rehabilitation sciences in University of Tehran who were selected by nonprobability quota sampling Research instruments included quality of learning experiences questionnaires (Newman 1999) and ability of future research questionnaire (Parsa et al 2011) Both questionnaires have desirable reliability and validity Results: The results showed that that the qualities of learning experience and the ability of future research of most students is moderate In addition from dimensions of the quality of learning experiences flexibility of learning content and student teacher relationships have the significant positive correlation with the ability of futures research students Conclusion: Based on the results the quality of learning experiences has correlation with students futures research Thus improve the quality of student learning experience and develop capabilities future studies should be considered by the university
- Rasul S, Bukhsh Q, Akram M. Opinion of Teachers and Students about Futurology of Higher Education in Pakistan. Int J CrossDisciplinary Subjects Educ 2010; 1(4): 2559.
- Parsa A, keshavarzi F, Dehghan N. Measure the effectiveness of education and educational success of the future capabilities (Case Study - Shahid Chamran University). Proceedings of the 1th Iranian International Conference of Management, Futurism, Entrepreneurship and industry in Higher Education; 2011 May 17-18; Sanandaj, Iran. 2011. [In Persian]
- Sardar Z. The Namesake: Futures; futures studies; futurology; futuristic; foresight— What's in a name? Futures 2010; 42(3): 17784.
- Assarian H. Future studies, requirements and patterns. Strategic Vision 2007; 86: 65-85. [In Persian]
- Tolon K. (dissertation). The American futures studies movement (1965-1975); its roots, motivations, and influences. Ames: Iowa State University; 2011.
- Aghapour A, Pahlavan F. Foresight; principles, requirements and methodologies. Jasmine Strategy 2007; 9: 154-76. [In Persian]
- Freed PE, Mclaughlin DE. Future thinking: Preparing Nurses to Think for Tomorrow. Nurs Educ Perspec 2011; 32(3): 173-8.
- Mozaffari A. Future studies of cross border context. Journal of Order and Security Guards 2010; 4 (2): 25-47. [In Persian]
- Masini EB. How to Teach Futures Studies: Some Experiences. J Futures Stud 2011; 15(4): 111 –20.
- Neumann Y. Quality of learning experience and students college outcomes. Int J Educ Manag 1990, 7(1): 1-16.
- Phifer T R. (dissertation). Paying attention to students' experiences of learning. New York: Columbia University; 2010.
- Kong CK. Classroom learning experiences and students ‘perceptions of quality of school life. Learn Environ Res 2008; 11(2): 111–29.
- Ocuaman JA. (dissertation). Differences in student knowledge and perception of learning experience among non- traditional students in blended anal face to face classroom delivery. Columbia: University of Missouri; 2010.
- Steca P, Bassi M, Caprara GV, Delle Fave A. Academic Self-Efficacy Beliefs and Quality of Experience in learning. J Youth Adolesc 2011; 40(3): 320-31.
- Fave A, Bassi M, Massimini F. Quality of experience and risk perception in highaltitude rock climbing. J Appl Sport Psychol 2003; 15(1):82–98.
- Cole DA, Peeke L, Dolezal S, Murray N, Canzoniero A. A longitudinal study of negative affect and self-perceived competence in young adolescents. J Pers Soc Psychol 1999; 77(4): 851-62.
- Namy A. The relationship between the qualities of students' learning experience burnout MA Shahid Chamran University. J Psychol Res 2010; 3 (5):121.[In Persian]