Document Type : Original Article
M.Sc. in Nursing of Community Health, Instructor of Nursing Dept., School of Nursing & Midwifery, Shahroud University of Medical Sciences, Iran.
M.Sc. in Medical Education, Instructor of Nursing Dept., Medical Education Development Center, Shahroud University of Medical Sciences, Iran.
Subspecialist in Cardiology, Associate Professor of Cardiology Dept., School of Medicine, Semnan University of Medical Sciences, Iran.
General Practitioner, School of Medicine, Semnan University of Medical Sciences, Iran.
Ph.D. Candidate in Epidemiology, Instructor of Basic Sciences, School of Medicine, Shahroud University of Medical Sciences, Iran.
Background & Objectives: One of the common approaches for teacher evaluation is evaluation by students and in this relation considering the opinions of teachers as main targets of this process is important The aim of this study was a systematic review of the researches performed about the opinions of faculty members of the country towards evaluation of teacher by students Methods: The abstracts of 1750 papers presented in Iran Medical Education Congresses since 1979 as well as related articles indexed in Iranian databases and International databases (PubMed & Scopus) were reviewed by using keywords such as teacher evaluation evaluation by student self evaluation quality of teaching professors viewpoints education process satisfaction teaching method evaluation studies and feedback After a primary review 47 papers from different universities were selected and reviewed by different research groups Finally the obtained data were emerged based on criteria defined in groups common meetings Results : Satisfaction rate of faculty members from evaluation was 478% and the effect of feed backing the evaluation results was 712% The highest satisfaction rate was related to the time of evaluation (mean 655%) and the majority of teachers believed that Education Development Center (EDC) is the best center for evaluation Mean score of selfevaluations by professors was higher than that Was done by students and there was poor correlation between these scores Conclusion: regarding to low satisfaction rate and weaknesses in this type of evaluation basic revisions and using multi source Fedback(MSF) for teachers are recommended
- Nasr-abadi A, Parsa Z. Review of teacher evaluation at medical Universities of Tehran. Journal of Hayat. 2004;10(20):40-51. [In Persian].
- Ghafourian Boroujerdnia M, Shakurnia A.H., Elhampour H. The Opinions of Academic Members of Ahvaz University of Medical Sciences about the Effective Factors on Their Evaluation Score Variations. Strides in Development of Medical Education 2006; 3(1):19-25. [In Persian]
- Adib hajbagheri M. Evaluation of an evaluation. Iranian Journal of Medical Education 2002; 2(2 (8 supplement)):7-8. [In Persian]
- Tootoonchi M, Changiz T, Alipour L, Yamani N. Faculty Members’ Viewpoints towards Teacher Evaluation Process in Isfahan University of Medical Science. Iranian Journal of Medical Education 2006; 6(1): 23-31. [In Persian].
- Saif A.A. How is valid the teacher evaluation that was made with the students? Research in psychology1991;1(2):12-24. [In Persian]
- Saif AA. Educational measurement, assessment and evaluation. Third edition, Tehran, Dowran Publishing Company. 2003. [In Persian]
- Hake RR. Problems with student evaluations: Is assessment the remedy? 2002: Available from http://www.stu.ca/~hunt/hake.htm.
- Shakournia A., Motlagh S., Malayeri A., Jahanmardi A. Students' views towards teachers evaluation, Ahwaz Medical Sciences University. Iranian Journal of Medical Education. 2002; 2(0):52-53. [In Persian]
- Kholdi N, Sheikhani A. Comparison of teachers evaluation by students, colleagues and teachers of Shahed School of medicine. Research in Medical Sciences. 1998; 3(1 supplement):49-51. [In Persian]
- Motlagh M.E. Shakournia A, Malayeri A, Jahanmardi A, Kiamanesh A. Viewpoints of Ahvaz Medical University teachers towards self evaluation-1999. The 4th Congress on Medical Education Tehran. 1999;58:63. [In Persian]
- Aghamolayi T, Abedini S. Comparison of Self and Students' Evaluation of Faculty Members in School of Health of Hormozgan University of Medical Sciences. Iranian Journal of Medical Education 2008; 7(2):191-199. [In Persian]
- Tootoonchi M, Changiz T, Alipour L. Viewpoints of teachers towards the nature of the teacher evaluation process and its feedback. 2006;5(14). [In Persian]
- Adhami A., Nakhaei N., Fasihi Harandi T., Fatahi Zahra. Preliminary assessment of the validity and reliability of the evaluation questionnaires by the students regarding teaching methods of the faculty members of kerman university of medical sciences in 20022003. Strides in Development of Medical Education. 2005; 1(2):121-129. [In Persian]
- Shirvani A, Rajabnejad M, Khazanedari S. Systematic Review. 1st ed. Tehran: University Excellence Center, Clinical Office.2006. [In Persian] Excellence
- Ranjbar Mansour,Vahidshahi K. Effective factors on faculty members' job satisfaction in Mazandaran UNiversity of Medical Sciences, School of Medicine, 2006. Strides in Development of Medical 2008; 4(2):92-99. [In Persian] Education.
- Fatahi Z, Adhami A, Nouhi E, Nakhaei N, Eslaminezhad T. Opinion of Academic Members of Kerman University of Medical Sciences About Educational Evaluation of Lecturers, 2002-2003. Hormozgan Medical Journal. 2005; 9(1):59-66. [In Persian]
- Sarchami R., Salmanzadeh H. A survey on opinions of faculties about the efficiency of student ratings on teacher performance in Iran University of Medical Sciences during 137880. Iranian Journal OF Medical Education 2002; 2(8):50-50. [In Persian]
- Ziaei M, Miri MR, Hajiabadi MR, Azarkar Gh, Eshbak P. Academic staff and students' impressions on academic evaluation of students in Birjand University of Medical Sciences and Health Services. Journal of Birjand University of Medical Sciences. 2007;13(4):61-67. [In Persian]
- Amini M, Honardar M, The view of faculties and medical students about evaluation of faculty teaching experiences. Koomesh Journal of Semnan University of Medical Sciences. 2008;9(3):171-178. [In Persian]
- Haji-Aghajani S. Ideas of professors of the school of nursing & midwifery regarding the effort of student's evaluation on their quality of teaching and their satisfaction of it. Research in Medical Sciences 1998; 3(1):.36-38. [In Persian]
- Karimi H, Hadi Nodooshan H, Ehrampoosh MH, Aghili H. Viewpoints of Shahid Sadooghi Medical University clinical teachers towards evaluation forms and presentation of new solution. 7th National congress on Medical Education 2005 Nov 12-15. Tabriz University of Medical Sciences; Tabriz. Iranian Journal of Medical Education.2005;5(14):113-114. [In Persian]
- Keykhaei A, Navidian A, Tabasi MA, Sargazi GH.H. Study of ZUMS faculty members’ views on "faculty members’ assessment. Zahedan Journal of Research in Medical Sciences (Tabib-E-Shargh) 2002; 4(3):135140. [In Persian]
- Falahzadeh M.H, Yosefi GH, Gholami M. Viewpoints of Shiraz University of Medical Sciences teachers towards the student based evaluation process. 8th National congress on Medical Education2007 Mar 6-8. Kerman University of Medical Sciences; Kerman 2007. p79. [In Persian]
- Jafari HM, Vahidshahi K, Kousarian M,Mahmoudi M. Comparison between the results of academic staff self assessment and those made by the students, faculty of medicine, Mazandaran University of medical sciences, 2006. Journal Of Mazandaran University of Medical 2007; 17(57):67-74. [In Persian] Sciences.
- Bakhshi H, Shahabi M, Taleghani F, Sajadi S, Zahedian M. Teacher evaluation: Self assessment vs student assessment. Research in Medical Sciences 1998; 3(1 supplement):1315. [In Persian]
- Najafi M, Tamizi-far B. Comparison between the results of academic staff self assessment and those made by the students, Sharekord University of medical sciences. In: list of Iranian Medical Education Articles and Dissertations in 1979-1998. Tehran. Shahid Beheshti Medical University;2002.p:138.
- Saif AK. Methods of educational measurement and evaluation. 23rd ed. Tehran: Dowran Publishing Company. 2003. [In Persian]
- Saif AK. Modern educational psychology : psychology of learning and instruction. Tehran: Dowran Publishing Company; 2007: 57-62. [In Persian]