Document Type : Original Article
M.Sc. Student in Medical Informatics, Science Research, Islamic Azad University, Kerman, Iran
Ph.D. in Medical Informatics, Assistant Professor, Department of Medical Informatics, School of Literature, Shahid Bahonar University of Kerman, Kerman, Iran
Ph.D. in Medical Informatics, Professor, Department of Medical Informatics, School of Educational Sciences and Psychology, Shahid Chamran University of Ahvaz, Ahvaz, Iran
Background & Objective: The purpose of the present study is to trace the scientific status of researchers outputs in the field of parasitology as reflected in science citation databases during 19952010 Methods: In this study outputs of researchers in the field of parasitology were analyzed using scientometric method 3781 records were downloaded from the online Web of Science and then were exported to the basic dataset created for the study in a personal computer For analyzing data were entered into statistical and scientometric softwares such as Excel and HistCite and Interdisciplinary Research (IDR) Results: Results show that the average growth rate in outputs of the field of parasitology during 19952010 is zero The highest number of productions is in article format (3190) and in English language (3601) The International Journal for Parasitology has the highest number of articles (2521) the University of Melbourne with 122 articles has the highest number of productions among universities and USA with 976 articles has the highest number of productions among countries Gasser RB with 59 articles has the most articles among authors and “Parasitology Meets Ecology on its Own Terms” by Margolis et al with 2041 has the highest number of citations The most important cluster in parasitology field is Infection Diseases (3514) with the following subjects: Parasitology Veterinary Sciences Tropical Medicine Infection Diseases Microbiology Immunology and Virology Conclusion: This study is a guide for researchers experts and policy makers in the field of parasitology
- Osareh F, Heidari Gh, Zare F, Haje zenolabedini M. Of Bibliometrics to webometrics: an analysis of principles, ideas, rules and criteria. Tehran: Ketabdar Company; 2009. [In Persian]
- Sengopta IN. Bibliometrics, informetrics, scientometrics and librametrics: An Overview. Libri. International Journal of Libraries and Information Services 2009; 42(2): 75-98.
- Pashtounizadeh M, Osareh F. Citation on analysis and histographic outline of scientific output in agriculture using science citation index (2000-2008). Information Sciences and Technology 2009; 25(1): 23-52. [In Persian]
- Chen C, Paul RJ. Visualizing a knowledge domains intellectual structure. Computer 2001; 34(3):65-71.
- Aboui Ardakan M, Abedi Jafari H, Aghazadeh F. Applying clustering methods in drawing maps of science: a case study of the map for urban management science. Information Sciences and Technology 2010; 25(3): 347-71. [In Persian]
- Osareh F, Cheshme sohrabi M, Dehghanpour A. Visualizing the scientific map of Iran engineering research in Dialog database during 1990-2008. Iranian Journal of Engineering Education 2010; 12(48): 1-23. [In Persian]
- Cox FEG. History of Human Parasitology. Clinical Microbiology Reviews 2002; 15(4): 595-612.
- Behzadi Z, Jowkar A. Mapping the scientific outputs in the field of library and information science among Islamic countries in the web of science database from 1994 to 2009. National Studies on Librarianship and Information Organization 2011; 22(3):144-55. [In Persian]
- Farazi ondari A. Activities in Biology and Biosciences of Iran in Science citation Research index during 1990-2010. Isfehan University 2009. [dissertation][In Persian].
- Khasseh AA, Fakhar M, Soosaraie M, Sadeghi S. Scientific status of Iranian researchers productions in the parasitology database I.S.I. Iranian Journal Of Medical Microbiology 2011; 5(5): 53-65. [In Persian]
- Michalopoulos A, Falagas M. A Bibliometric analysis of global research production in respiratory medicine. CHEST 2005; 128(6):3993-8.
- Osareh F, McCain KW. The structure of Iranian chemistry research, 1990-2006: An author cocitation analysis. Journal of the American Society for Information Science and Technology 2008; 59(13):2146-55.
- Lukenda J. Influence of the 1991-1995 war on Croatian publications in the MEDLINE database. Scientometrics 2006; 69(1):21-36.
- Elsinghorst ThAM. Analysis of the 96 most often cited articles published in veterinary journals in 2002 & 2003.Veterinary Quarterly 2005; 27(4): 183-9.
- Yang S, Needleman H, Niederman R. A bibliometric analysis of the pediatric dental literature in MEDLINE. Pediatric dentistry 2001; 23(5):415-8.
- Signore A, Annovazzi A. Scientific production and impact of nuclear medicine in Europe: how do we publish? European Journal of Nuclear Medicine & Molecular Imaging 2004; 31(6):882-6.
- Ramos JM, Gutierrez F, Royo G. Scientific production in microbiology and affinity areas in Spain during 1990-2002. Enfermedades infecciosasy microbiologica clinica 2005; 23(7):406-14.
- Stegmann J, Grohmann G. Cooperation bibliogram of bird flu, 2006. In International workshop on webometrics, Informetrics and scientometrics & seventh COLLENT meeting, Nancy: France; 2006. Available From: http://eprints.rclis.org/bitstream/10760/7556/1/ birdflu.pdf
- Patra SK, Bhattacharya P. Bibliometric Study of Cancer Research in India. DESIDOC Bulletin of Information Technology 2005; 25(2): 11-8.
- Rahimi Movaghar A, Sharifi V, et al. Researches on substance use in Iran: 3 decades evaluation. Hakim 2006; 8(4): 37-44. [In Persian]
- Mohamadi I, Yazdizadeh Moghadam H. Nursing research in the 3 past decades. Iranian Journal Nursing Research 2006; 1 (2):63-72. [In Persian]
- Soheili F, Osareh F. A Study on Scientific Production of Academic Staff at the Razi University Presented in SCI during 1992-2008: A case study. Studies on Library & Information Science 2009; 16(4): 81-110. [In Persian]
- Mirjalili SH, Osareh F. Scientometric analysis and scientific mapping of articles published in twenty top journals in the field of genetics and heredity. Health Information Management 2012; 9(1):89. [In Persian]