Document Type : Original Article
Neurologist, Associate Professor, Neurology Research Center, Kerman University of Medical Sciences, Kerman, Iran
Neurologist., Professor, Neurology Research Center, Kerman University of Medical Sciences, Kerman, Iran
Background & Objective: In educational systems evaluation is considered as one of the key elements The evaluation of university students on the educational processes is of specific value There has been no study on the evaluation of the Neurology Department Kerman University of Medical Sciences Iran through carrying out a poll Therefore we intended to improve the quality of education in the department through evaluation Methods: From among the medical students admitted in 2007 in Kerman University of Medical Sciences Iran 67 students participated in the present study The questionnaire used was prepared according to reliable sources and the professors points of view and considered validity and reliability The questionnaires data was entered into SPSS and it was statistically analyzed through descriptive and analytical statistical methods Results: 63 students (94%) rated the methodology of the professors of the ward and 62 students (925%) rated the methodology of the professors of theoretical courses a moderate or high score 65 students (97%) evaluation of good behavior of professors with students was moderate or high In terms of efficiency 35 students (522%) rated morning reports 28 students (417%) rated weekly conferences and 18 students (268%) rated journals a moderate to high score Conclusion: According to the medical students opinion the neurology department has a good position in general standards of medical education ethics and regulation However it has to reconsider some parts of educational procedures such as conferences and journal clubs which are held in collaboration with the residents
- Zia Sheykholeslam N, Farrokhnia M, Bahsoun M, Iranmanesh F. Medical student’s attitude about the clinical teaching quality of infectious disease in Rafsanjan University of medical sciences. Journal of Sterides in Dvelopment of Medical Education 2011; 1 (1):61-5. [In Prrsian]
- Algozzinea B, Gretesa J, Flowersa C, et al. Student Evaluation of college teaching: A practice in search of principles. College Teaching 2004; 52(4):134-141.
- Rahimi M, Zarooj Hosseini R, Darabian M, et al. Teacher evaluation by students: A comprehensive approach. Strides in Development of Medical Education 2012; 9(1)34-45. [In Persian]
- Garousi S, Garousi B. Viewpoints of medical and nursing students regarding medical and nursing professions:The first step in assessment of possibility of interdisciplinary training. .Strides in Development of Medical Education 2011; 9 (1):25-33.[In Persian]
- Mirzaei M, Ahmadipour F, Azizian F. Viewpoints of students of Shahid Sadoughi University of Medical Sciences towards eLearning in teaching clinical biochemistry. Journal of Medical Education and Development 2012;7(2): 67-74. [In Persian]
- Zamani B, Babri H, Mosavi S. The factors affecting students’ attitudes toward learning via cellular phone: A study on students of Isfahan University of medical sciences using technology acceptance model. Strides in Development of Medical Education 2012; 9(2):110-7. [In Persian]
- Latifinejad R, Jafari H, Hosseni BL, et al. Measurement students’ knowledge and attitude towards E-learning in Mashhad University of medical sciences. Iranian Journal of medical education 2009; 10(4):364-73. [In Persian]
- Ranjbar M, Vahidshahi K, Mahmoudi M. Viewpoints of the attendings and medical students about the Students' evaluation of the attendings Mazandaran. J Mazandaran Univ Med Sci 2007; 16(56):126-35. [In Persian]
- Mohamadian A. Students, satisfaction with different units functions in Ardabil University of medical sciences. Journal of Ardabil University of Medical Sciences 2009; 9(1):55-61. [In Persian]
- Adrom M, Karimi M, Mehdipour Y, et al. The Satisfaction Scale of Expert Masters among Nursing Students. Zahedan Journal of Research in Medical Sciences 2010;14(9): 114.[In Persian]
- Hossini M, Sarchami R. Attitude of students of Qazvin medical University towards priorities in teachers assessment. The Journal of Qazvin University of Medical Sciences2002; 6(2):33-7.[In Persian]
- Imanipour M, Jalili M. Nursing students’ clinical evaluation in students and teachers views. Iranian Journal of Nursing Research 2012; 7 (25):17-26.[In Persian]
- Glassic A. Standards for teaching in medical school; double or nothing. Medical teacher 1999;21(6);543-5.
- Shokooh F, Mahboby A, Safa A, et al. Evaluation of medical students attitude about methods of evaluation in clinical wards .Hormozgan Medical Journal 2006, 10 (2) :185-190.
- Zamanzad B, Moezzi M, Shirzad H. Rate of satisfaction and evaluation of medical students (interns and externs) from the quality of clinical education in the Shahre-kord university of medical sciences-2005. koomesh 2007; 9(1) :13-20. [In Persian]
- Fasihi Harandi T, Soltaniarabshahi S, Tahami S, et al. Viewpoints of medical students about the quality of clinical education. The Journal of Qazvin University of Medical Sciences 2004; 8(1):4-9. [In Persian]
- Ahmadinejad Z, Ziaee V, Morravedgi A. A survey on student`s satisfaction of clinical education and its related factor. Iranian Journal of Medical Education 2002; 2 (0) :1516.[In Persian]
- Hassanzadeh S, Amini A, Shagagie A, et al. Results of evaluation of the medical students satisfaction from Clinical Skill Lab (CSL) of Tabriz. Iranian Journal of Medical Education 2002; 2 (0) :27. [In Persian]
- Khorasani Gh A, Mahmoudi M, Vahidshahi C, et al. Evaluation of Faculty Members’ and Students’ Attitude Towards Ambulatory Teaching Quality. The Journal of Mazandaran University of Medical Sciences 2007;17(58); 87-100. [In Persian]
- Haghani F, Mollabashi R, Jamshidian S, et al. Physical Environment Status of Educational Clinics in Isfahan University of Medical Sciences: An Inseparable Part of TeachingLearning Process in Clinic. Iranian Journal of Medical Education 2009; 8(2): 239-45. [In Persian]
- Mahoori Kh, Sadeghi Hassanabadi A, Karimi A, et al. Evaluation of clinical faculty members to participate in Shiraz University of Medical Sciences, private physicians in ambulatory care education for medical students. The Abstract of 1st National Congress of Ambulatory. Shiraz University of Medical Science; 2011.
- Mousavinasab N, Vahhabi M, Nourian A. Attitudes of Medical Students and Teachers towards Education in Community- oriented Medical Education (COME) Centre, Zanjan University of Medical Sciences 2004. Strides in Development of Medical Education 2006;3(1)43-50.[In Persian]
- Mortazavi AA, Razmara A. Medical Student Satisfaction in Locations. Different IranianJournal Educational of Medical Education 2001; 1(3): 51-54.[In Persian]
- Bazzazi N, Falahi nia G, Yavari kia A, Houshmand B. Medical Students’ Viewpoints about the Quality of Education in Outpatient Clinics in Hamedan University of Medical Sciences in 2007. IranianJournal of Medical Education 2011; 11 (2):167-73.[In Persian]
- Dehghani M, Nakhaee N. Faculty evaluation by students: a review of criticisms. Strides in Development of Medical Education 2012; 9(2):102-9. [In Persian]
- Keykhaei A, Navidian A, Tabasi MA, et al. Study of ZUMS faculty members views on faculty members assessment. Zahedan Jornal of Research in Medical Sciences 2002; 4(3):135-140.[In Persian]
- Nakhaee N, Saeed A. 360-degree Evaluation Method in Clinical Evaluation of Residents: a Pilot Study on Feasibility, Validity and Reliability. Strides in Development of Medical Education 2010;7(2):99-103.[In Persian]
- Shakurnia A, Fakoor M, Elhampour H, et al. Evaluation of validity and reliability of the questionnaire of student evaluation of teaching. Jundishapur Sci Med J 2012;10(6):583-93.[In Persian]