Document Type : Original Article
PhD in Educational Management, Assistant Professor, Department of Education, School of Humanities, University of Kashan, Kashan, Iran
M.A. Student in Curriculum, Department of Education, School of Humanities, University of Kashan, Kashan, Iran
Background & Objective: All humans have various kinds of intelligences only the amount and method of their combination differs Thus educational systems should provide the foundation for the development of these intelligences The main purpose of this research was the analysis of the relationship between multiple intelligences and creative thinking among students of Isfahan University of Medical Sciences Iran Methods: The present research was a descriptive correlative study The statistical population of the research included all students of the 20122013 academic years from among which 129 were selected by random stratified sampling method The data collection tools consisted of the Multiple Intelligences Questionnaire with 70 questions and the Creative Thinking Questionnaire with 20 questions based on a 5point Likert scale Content validities of the questionnaires were confirmed by experts The reliability coefficients of the Multiple Intelligences Questionnaire and the Creative Thinking Questionnaire were obtained through Cronbachs alpha as 084 and 087 respectively Collected data was analyzed through inferential statistics (correlation coefficient Students ttest variance analysis and regression analysis) using SPSS software Results: Research findings revealed that mean of multiple intelligences and creative thinking components of the students were higher than average The highest mean was related to the rational and mathematical intelligence Moreover there was a positive relationship between the components of multiple intelligences and creative thinking Conclusion: Through the growth of multiple intelligences components the grounds can be set for the growth of creative thinking in students and thus students can play their role as creative and innovative students in the development and growth of society
- Aghahosseini T. Smart school (Application of multiple intelligences in school management). Isfahan: Publication Neveshteh; 2010. [In Persian].
- Baleghizadeh S. (dissertation). Compared to traditional method of teaching based on the stating of Gardner's view on mathematics performance of students in the second year of Shahriar city guides. Tehran: University Teacher Education; 2002. [In Persian]
- Martin, W.C. multiple intelligences. Paper presented at the meeting of the International Conference on Educational Assessment, 1996, Sep 8-11, Washington, America. 1996: 368-85 368.
- Multiple intelligences in classroom. (Translation). Armstrong T. Tehran: Safari M. Publication of School; 2005. [In Persian]
- Pasha Sharifi H. Comparative study of the theory of multiple intelligences in the matter of textbooks and school adjustment. J Educ Innov 2005; 4(11): 11-34. [In Persian]
- Changing minds: the art and science of changing your mind and others. (Translation). Gardner H. Tehran: Kharrazi S. Publication of Nay; 2007. [In Persian]
- Guide to successful teaching in first year. (Translation). Vayt R. Tehran: Moosavi M, Ghamarzade H. PTA Publications; 2004. [In Persian]
- Haji Hossein Negad Gh, Baleghizadeh S. Application of the theory of multiple intelligences in the teaching-learning process, Conference on Education Reform. Tehran: Department of Education; 2001. [In Persian]
- Gibson C, Folley BS, Park S. Enhanced divergent thinking and creativity in musicians: A behavioral and near –infrared spectroscopy study. Brain Cogn 2009; 69(1):162-9.
- Guilford J.P. Creative talents: their nature, uses and development. Bearly limited Buffalo 1986.
- Folley BS, Park S. Verbal creativity and schizotypal personality in relation to prefrontal hemis pheric literality: a behavioral and near–infrared optical imaging study. Schizophr Res 2005; 80 (2-3), 271-82.
- Hosseini A. The nature and methods of fostering creativity. Mashhad: Publications of Razavi; 1999.[In Persian]
- Pishghadam R. Moaveniyan F. Multiple intelligence role in their success in teaching English language teachers. J Foreign Languages 2007; 42: 5-22. [In Persian]
- Ghoorchiyan N. Shirsavar J. Placement of multiple intelligences leaders in higher education (case study of the eight Islamic Azad University). Journal of Leadership and Management Training 2011; 5(2): 137-52. [In Persian]
- Ghanbari S. The use of multiple intelligences in the classroom, teachers. 1st National Conference of the Cognitive Science Education; 2011, No 23-25, Mashhad, Iran. 2011: 716- 726.
- Feyz abadi, N. (dissertation). The study of relationship between academic guide and multiple intelligences in students in high school. Tehran: University of Tehran Allameh Tabatabaei; 2004. [In Persian]
- Ranjdoost Sh. The relationship between emotional intelligence and its components are teachers develop students' creative thinking. Research on Curriculum 2013; 2(36): 113-25. [In Persian]
- Hashemi S. The relationship between emotional intelligence and creativity of students in the Arts and Sciences fields. New Thoughts Training on Education 2009; 5(2): 102-79. [In Persian]
- Rahnama A. Abdolmaleki J. Emotional intelligence and creative achievement in university students. New Thoughts Training on Education 2009; 5(2), 55-78. [In Persian]
- Ardakani S. The role of emotional intelligence and creativity, 1st National Conference of Creativity and Innovation in Iran, 2008 No 4-6, Tehran, Iran. 2008: 511527.
- Moghadam A, Siadat A, Nikbakht A. The relationship between emotional intelligence and creativity of students. Educational Psychology Studies 2008; 5(1): 99-110. [In Persian]
- Bohm D. One creativity. 2nd ed. New York: Rutledge Classics; 2004: 8-11.
- Mokhtar IA, Majid S, Foo S. Teaching information literacy through learning stylish: The application of Gardner’s multiple Intelligences. J Librariansh Inf Sci 2008; 40(2): 93-109.