Document Type : Letter to editor
Medical Student, School of Medicine, Education Development Committee, Hamadan University of Medical Sciences, Hamadan, Iran
Education Development Committee, School of Paramedicine, Hamadan University of Medical Sciences, Hamadan, Iran
Medical Student, School of Medicine, Hamadan University of Medical Sciences School of medicine, Hamadan, Iran
Department of Community Medicine, School of Medicine, Hamadan University of Medical sciences. Hamadan, Iran
In recent decades, human knowledge has rapidly progressed, especially in the evolution of new biomedical sciences and techniques, transforming all aspects of social life dramatically. In the new technology era in modern society, novel disciplines, not only theoretically but also from an empirical and practical points of view, have profoundly transformed bureaucratic policies. nternationally, there is an agreement that the certification obtained at the end of university training no longer indicates sustained quality and the fact that graduates do not have enough skills to perform their professional roles and tasks in the real world.
- Khosh Daman S. Interdisciplinary and Multidisciplinary Education Approaches. Proceeding of the First National Conference on Education in Iran 1404; 2011 Oct 30; Tehran, Iran. [In Persian]
- Hall P, Weaver L. Interdisciplinary education and teamwork: a long and winding road. Med Educ. 2001 Sep;35(9):867-75. doi: 10.1046/j.1365-2923.2001.00919.x. [PMID: 11555225].
- Bill A, Klein JT. Why a Globalized World Needs Transdisciplinarity. In: Klein JT, Häberli R, Scholz RW, Grossenbacher-Mansuy W, Bill A, Welti M. (eds) Transdisciplinarity: Joint Problem Solving among Science, Technology, and Society. Birkhäuser, Basel: Springer; 2001: 25-34. doi:10.1007/978-3-0348-8419-8_3.
- Bindler RC, Richardson B, Daratha K, Wordell D. Interdisciplinary health science research collaboration: strengths, challenges, and case example. Appl Nurs Res. 2012 May;25(2):95-100. doi: 10.1016/j.apnr.2010.06.004. [PMID: 20974103].
- Klein JT. Humanities, culture, and interdisciplinarity: The changing American academy. New York: Suny Press; 2012.
- Klein JT. Crossing boundaries: Knowledge, disciplinarities, and interdisciplinarities. Virginia: University of Virginia Press; 1996.
- Mosadeghrad A M, Rahimi-Tabar P. Health system governance in Iran: A comparative study. Razi Journal of Medical Sciences. 2019;26(9): 10-28.
- Leischow SJ, Best A, Trochim WM, Clark PI, Gallagher RS, Marcus SE, et al. Systems thinking to improve the public's health. Am J Prev Med. 2008 Aug;35(2 Suppl):S196-203. doi: 10.1016/j.amepre.2008.05.014. [PMID: 18619400]. [PMCID: PMC3940421].
- Vafadar Z, Vanaki Z, Ebadi A. Interprofessional Education a Response to Health System Challenges. Iran J Med Educ. 2014; 14 (2):148-64. [In Persian]